Kingdom halls.. the demise of..

by zeb 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zeb
    zeb

Would some kind soul create a site listing as best they know the names of and the countries where KH have been closed and sold.

ie 31-6-2017, Mount Tall cong, North Kameria.

It seems like the kh are being sold off in a lemming like rush to the cliffs.

• Della Street
    Della Street

I just was told today by a pioneer that they are consolidating and dissolving congregations because KH are only 48% full on average in this country. Of course the justification was "they need the money to pay for growth in other countries and all the natural disasters...." I silently added, "uh, yeah. and all the lawsuits where they are losing millions of dollars...." anyhooo....

DS

• asp59
    asp59

They wrote back in the 80s WT artical that churches were half empty cause they were not blessed by God. But KHs were packt with people cause God was blessing organisation. Wonder what there view point in this matter is today.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Damn...there's a ton of separate threads of tons Kingdom Halls being sold off & tons of congregations either merging or dissolving in the USA...Hot Damn!

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

Perhaps then we should merge the threads

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I keep a list of all the halls closed in the United Kingdom along with all the accounts published on the charity site.

Truthseeker

• Giordano
    Giordano

The next logical move for the Society is to start turning their best properties into Eldercare. And building new Senior Citizen apartments, with adjoining assisted living apartments and the last stop.... nursing care. Of course they can set up a Kingdom Hall in each facility.

The Quakers have 5 or 6 of these three tier, facilities and Mormon's many more.

Kendal for seniors https://www.kendal.org/locations/

https://www.openplacement.com/retirement-homes-mormon-CA

My guess is there is a real chance that this is going to be the way the WTBTS survives.

And if they make this move they will wind up with every last penny each participating JW has.

The New Light will be........ 'Be with the Friends while you wait on Jehovah'.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""It seems like the kh are being sold off in a lemming like rush to the cliffs"

This could create a "snowball" like reaction. More families grumbling and complaining about having to travel further and further to the meetings, causing more families to stay at home and not bothering the commute to the meetings,......repeat...

• zeb
    zeb

Elder etta. Verygood idea.

Simon is this possible to merge the selling off kh comment to one thread please.

and folks specifics please as I asked the date the kh of so and so cong sold. The purpose is to create an instantly referable list with out comments (valuable as they are). thanks.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

In this area alone,nine kingdom halls for sale. Two congregations merged with three congregations. They want 130 publishers in each hall. They claim also to ease the burden on the elders,which they do have a problem with ones "reaching out".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit