Memorial observance… It isn’t about Jesus at all!

by 1badmutha 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Miss J
    Miss J

Ha i've been researching child abuse and satanic rituals etc as part of my new course and job, and it does seem very odd that the memorial celebration is so morbid and that so many people cannot have the privelege of guaranteed eternal soul just the so called annointed. They give them selves celebrity status by residing in bethel and having their secret meetings. They are so secretive cos they are obviously getting their info from sources that would offend true lovers of God.. Ha .. lovers of truth please stand up? Hows about haters of lies please sit down , grab a stiff drink cos ur gunna need one when u realise u have wasted ur life on something thats not gunna ever happen the way they say it it. U will get over it once u begin to see people in a new light realise were all in the same boat and there is only one set of elite and they dont worship God. There are so may point about mind control and this religion that you can lose yourself in it too much and become very disheartened. Because your world around you does indeed collapse, but there are lots of genuine people still out there amidst this evil world. So there is something to keep going for . Get educated, enjoy life stop thinking nothing will compare to life in paradise .. how dare they rob us of joy in this one opportunity to have a life..

Im slowly reeling back and gettin over losing all my beliefs but im re building and learning to listen and learn open mindedly x

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Facts are important but a person's heart is even more important. Frankly, I don't understand the Witness' take on Jesus. I've devoted quite some time to study the Historical Jesus. What is their Christology? It seems that Christians should be Christ-centric, not YHWH centric. Another thing I've noted in Paul's authentic writings are the concepts of love and grace. The Society focuses on the moral/rule making in Paul, most of which is not considered Pauline. Strangely, the part where Jesus tells Mary Magdalene not to touch him after the crucifixion and resurrection always gave me the creeps. Spooky. How did my family get involved with a group of people who say they are Christians yet don't seem to care much about Jesus. It is very confusing to me.

• Listener
    Listener

What a shame that Wunbadmutha didn't continue to post. He has brought up a very interesting concept. It is morbid that the JWs choose to only practice the Lord's Supper around the time of his death. Jesus was tortured in a very cruel manner and it is sickening to consider what they did to him.

W2000 4/1
    So Jesus commanded his followers to hold this observance of his death

As is typical of the org they jump to conclusions that aren't supported in scripture. The memorial is to observe the covenant arrangement that became enacted by his death.

• davidl7
    davidl7

The Memorial is about Jesus....it reminds us of the love God and Jesus have for humankind, as John 3:16 says that God loved humankind so much that he sent his only begotten Son, so that whoever believes in him can have eternal life...We are reminded that Jesus died as a ransom for money (Matthew 20:28). It is only through the shed blood of Jesus that our sins are forgiven (1 John 1:7). Jesus died for us to saves and reconcile us to his God and Father, Jehovah. True Christians who accept that truth will live forever in a paradise earth, under the Kingdom of God, which is the message that Jesus taught (Matt. 4:17; Matt. 5:5; Rev. 21:3-4; 2 Peter 3:10-13; Ps. 37:10, 11, 29).

Any reading the NT, will find no record of the early Christians celebrating Christmas. Only biblical information we have clearly shows that they celebrated the Memorial or Last Supper, but never his birth...Celebration of Christmas came about 300 years after Jesus death.

• Miss J
    Miss J

sorry david7 that sounds like a pre programmed response you think its from your heart and im sure it is but your facts about Jesus are incorrect, the bible has changed some what and the JW bible has a lot more affiliation with the occult. ex regular pioneer btw... very strong believer , i found the real truth x

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

David you need to get your facts in order! I also think you may be a plant from the society with comments like you have posted, can you confirm why you are on this site ? As you seem like a goody2 shoes to me!

What are you doing on here I bet you still go to the meetings and were a born in

SB

• agonus
    agonus

Gnoticism != Satanism

Crowley and LaVey were fucking retards

• Listener
    Listener
    David- It is only through the shed blood of Jesus that our sins are forgiven (1 John 1:7). Jesus died for us to saves and reconcile us to his God and Father, Jehovah.

That is right. It is part of the covenant arrangement. The problem is that the org says the great crowd is not part of this covenant arrangement. If you don't participate in the memorial how is it that this arrangement applies to you?

• heathen
    heathen

I think they are spot on about christmas ,first century christians did not celebtrate it. It's just an addaptation of pagan festivals.So much evidence to conclude dec. 25 is not accurate at all. The memorial is one of the most strange things I've ever seen in religion , a holy mass where the symbols of sacrifice are passed around with only an occasional partaker. Everybody listens to a presentation of why not to indulge. It's the same thing every year.Like being invited for supper and told you may be eternally damned if you eat or drink anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit