Memorial observance… It isn’t about Jesus at all!

by 1badmutha 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 1badmutha
    1badmutha

We all know that Jesus is a pretty much-overlooked figure by the WBTS. They refuse to celebrate his birth for a number of convoluted reasons, which I refuse to argue. But, it is curious that they celebrate the DEATH of Christ. Yes, I know he was a “ransom” sacrifice for our sins… but how would you feel if every year a group of nuts celebrated you sons’ death? Pretty sick & morbid, huh? All the other "Christians" celebrate Jesus… his life & his teachings. And while "Christians" acknowledge his sacrifice, they celebrate Easter as a time of rebirth. While JW’s engage in the ever morbid, celebration of his death. After all, the WBTS has its roots in Free Masonry. The founder of the WBTS was a 33 rd degree Mason (with ties to paganism & the occult).

(Russell had decorated his art with the great pyramid showing his affinity with outright paganism. His books displayed a winged disk the very same picture appears in Rosicrucian pamphlets and in Egyptian hieroglyphs. Russell influence in the occult continued until he died where he had a pyramid shaped tombstone over his grave as a memorial of their founders influence which began this non scriptural practice of predicting the future through a stone edifice in a pagan land. But not only was he buried with a pyramid but on it was engraved a cross.)

If you don’t really worship Jesus in the first place, don’t value his importance, and would rather set yourself up as an all-knowing intermediary with god, wouldn’t you reject the idea of celebrating Jesus’ birth and feast on the day of his death? And why is it that no other religious group who profess to be Christians, hold their Easter observances on Nissan 14 like the WBTS? Two high-holy days observed by Pagans & Satanists fall within the so-called "memorial" of Nissan 14:

March 20-22

Satanic

Spring Equinox
    Pelusia

Ostara (Spring solstice)

Invocation of Hindi Holi
    Tubulustrum

Roman purification
    Shab-i-barat Night of Forgiveness Islam

March 24

Satanic

Feast of the Beast
    Feast of Priapus
    Festival of Isis

Mock Wedding

Bride of Satan

This ritual is actually the ancient gnostic (satanic) ritual of saying no to the body of Christ. This ancient satanic ritual is now secretly practiced under the disguise of the Memorial Supper - where the elements of communion are passed and no one partakes of the elements.

I’m a recently freed ex-JW slave, who still very much bears the scars of being in the truth lie. Since my mind has been liberated, I have been forced to take a critical look at the practices I was once engaged in… this is just one of them that doesn’t sit right with me….

Still searching….

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

1badmutha... I'm sorry, but you may want to be a bit more careful in your research.

First of all, you ask:

And why is it that no other religious group who profess to be Christians, hold their Easter observances on Nissan 14 like the WBTS?

Actually, the Eastern Church held their Easter observances on Nisan 14 for quite a while. The Roman practice of celebrating it on Sunday was not definitively established until the early 4th century. You can find information on that subject in an encyclopedia of religion, under Quartodeciman Controversy.

Two high-holy days observed by Pagans & Satanists fall within the so-called "memorial" of Nissan 14:

Actually, the dates that you indicated are around the time of the vernal equinox (it is not a solstice). Nisan 14, as calculated by Witnesses, is the first full moon after the equinox, and hence is not held at time of these festivals.

This ritual is actually the ancient gnostic (satanic) ritual of saying no to the body of Christ

While gnostics were considered heretics by the church, they were not by any means satanists.

The JW practice of only celebrating the Lord's Evening Meal once a year, and of denying participation in it to the vast majority of believers, is grossly unbiblical. As to your other criticisms, however, you may wish to recheck your facts.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The celebration of the wine and bread does predate Christianity. It dates back to Babylonian and Egyptian religions.

Will

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Good point, Penwell. There are plenty of arguments to suggest that general Christian practice derives from paganism.

The problem with 1badmutha's argument is that he seems to be singling out Jehovah's Witnesses, and suggesting that their deviations from general Christian practice are what connect them with paganism. That is where his facts don't hold up.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Badmutha: welcome to the board, and a friendly warning: There are more people doing "deep research" here than at the average KH, so you'll have to be on solid ground at all times... or be eaten alive!

• 1badmutha
    1badmutha

Thank you for your response & for pointing those things out Euphemism . Like I said, I'm still searching for some answers ... I posted this in response to some information I've read lately and my own misgivings about this observance.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    While gnostics were considered heretics by the church, they were not by any means satanists.

Good point. The Gnostics were around as long as the Orthodox or Literalist church were and claimed to follow Christ's teaching also. It was just a different form of Christianity. It was the Literlist that demonized them and called them heretics. Some of the great early Church leaders were Gnostics and which is a little known fact was that Trutullian converted to Gnosticism toward the end of his life.

Will

• Disheartened
    Disheartened

Welcome to the forum! Very interesting parallels you brought out here. Nothing surprises me anymore with the JW's. NOTHING !

Good research .

WELCOME 1BADMUTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disheartened

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

Yes, better research will make your words more effective. For example, most Christians do memorialize the death of Jesus, since Jesus told them to do so: "Do this in remembrance of me." In many churches, though, it is called Communion or Eucharist.

Also, there is no proof that Russell was ever a Mason of any sort, let alone 32nd or 33rd degree. If he were that high in Masonry, there would be documentary evidence. A lot of people of his time held to Pyramidology, not just Masons. The winged sun disk may have been associated with Egypt and Assyria, but it is also found in the Bible, which mentions the "sun...with healing in its wings."

Rosicrucians are not the same as Masons.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Welcome, badmutha!

my own misgivings about this observance.

So, what are your own misgivings about the observance? All that was listed in your first post? Or is there more?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit