Is the WTBTS preparing to...

by The Fall Guy 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

...tell the sheeple that "Jehovah's earthly organization" is financially facing critical times, hard to deal with, which could threaten its survival and that it urgently requires as much money as the minions can send.

Like every other business in the world, the cult needs a constant source of cash to exist. So with meetings, assemblies, and probably conventions being cancelled, the cash-cow is rapidly looking very precarious.

I reckon the financial brains in the WTBTS will have devised a financial survival plan - based on the situation continuing/worsening. :) The sheep have all been fleeced - time to skin them!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They can try it if they want, but I think they’ll find that JWs, who never had much financially to begin with, will be preserving what little resources they can gather to look after themselves and their families in these “critical times hard to deal with”.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

The rank and file is preparing for the bunker at this "last day of the last days".

And the organization will see their business model decline.

So with every upstirring end time quotation of the GB they shoot theirself in the feet for mid and longtime organization goals.

G.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

They still have real estate business and grooming of wealthy old JWs who will soon depart their earthly tent. But I could imagine they are sitting at their meetings and cussing Russell and Rutherford for not installing tithing as part of the tradition. Look at the riches of the SDAs. But no doubt you will soon be able to donate on jw.org as well

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Oh sorry you can already donate

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Stephen Lett has his properties to fall back on. I don’t know if other GB have financial reserves, and even if they don’t face immediate financial emergency, as many ordinary JWs are no doubt facing, I think their days of flying first class and booking in to expensive hotels are probably over.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Like I’ve always maintained. If they have got the brains they will use Covid-19 as an excuse to cash up and go on line. Take the money and run, while you still can, would be my advise.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If the Borg sees even a hint of an opportunity to raise $$$, they will exploit it, no doubt !

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Pretty sure there is a scripture that says they don't need to ask for cash as if they do it aint got the big J's backing...

• sir82
    sir82

I fully expect the urgent pleas to "give, give" to start up about the 2nd week in April, when the monthly contribution amounts normally flow into the WTS coffers, and the amounts are shockingly low (given that there were virtually no KH meetings nor assemblies for over half the month.

"Give, give"....now where have I heard that before?

Oh yeah, Proverbs 30:15:

The leeches have two daughters that cry, “Give! Give!”
    There are three things that do not get satisfied,
    Four that never say, “Enough!”

Hmm, the revised version of 3 things that do not get satisfied:

-- Splane's ego

-- Sanderson's appetite

-- Morris' thirst for single-malt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit