The New System of Things - How much longer?

by Nosferatu 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

Armageddon came in the year 2000. You just didn't see it. Just like Jesus returned in 1874 and 1914 and 1925 and 1975. People just missed it.

AlanF

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Society has been telling the R&F that Armageddon is right around the corner for 124 years now, and they're still using this method.

I think (Ray alluded to it in COC) that 2014 will be a really big deal --

• AlanF
    AlanF

Joker10, you may personally not have had any bad experiences with JWs, but pretty much everyone on this board has. Why do you dismiss these?

Furthermore, it's evident to any thinking person who studies the history and teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses that their organization's leaders are pathological liars. They absolutely refuse to tell or deal with the truth about many things unless it's thrust directly in their faces. How can you defend such liars?

AlanF

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary, you mention that 1975 was in your opinion, "the beggining of the end of them".

Get out your glasses Joker, that's not what I said. I said that IMO the beginning of the end was after the November 1995 article where they changed the "generation" issue. Just before 1975 was when they had their biggest increase.

Most of those people who left where new people who never really had an interest in serving Jehovah for a long time in this system.

What planet are you from? Many people who have been Witnesses for 20 and 30 years left after the fiasco of '75.........and don't gimme that crap about them not having an interest in serving Jehovah for "a long time" in this system. The Governing Body made it quite clear both in talks at the assemblies in the 1960s and also in several articles in the WT and books, that they expected The End to come in '75 and discouraged everyone from having children, getting married, getting a decent job, getting an education or anything else. The blame for that false date lies squarely with them, in particular Freddie Franz.

And I personally don't think that the "Generation" issue hit JW pretty hard, that I remember.

LOL! Then I suggest you take a close look at the Society's statistics from 1995 onward.......barely any growth, people leaving in record numbers. Older ones that were told 50 years ago NOT to pay into a company pension because the Big A would be here long before they retired.............gimme a break. The only person you're fooling here is yourself.

• micheal
    micheal

Something all of us on this forum have in common is this: The fear the wt org had brought to us is gone, it no longer exists. So the only way people on the inside will ever fully realize that this new system is nothing more than fantasy is when the fear the organiztion puts upon is completley gone. From there they can be free to think for themselves, to think much more clearer on many different issues.

• Joker10
    Joker10

I'm aware of the statistics, Mary. Because they have increased n a lower rate doesnt mean they were hit mosly because of the Nov. '95 WT issue. I said MOST who leave are older children. If you were to couint 10 of the most recent people who were DFd, most are the young ones. And if you don't know this if because YOU are not aware.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Joker10 said:

: Most of those people who left where new people who never really had an interest in serving Jehovah for a long time in this system.

Nonsense. A lot of relatively new JWs quit after 1975, but so did a lot of lifelong JWs -- including me. After being deceived about Armageddon coming in that year and not doing anything useful with my life, after 1975 came and went I gradually got a cold feeling in the pit of my stomach that the Big A was not coming at all. Various things caused me to realize that I had been lied to about a lot of things. I was a pretty good JW most of the time until about 1977, when the Society's failed prediction finally hit home hard. And don't try to tell me that the Society didn't make any predictions. I was at the New York City convention in August, 1975 at Aqueduct Racetrack, when Nathan Knorr gave the closing speech on Sunday. Even then he encouraged the audience to believe that "the end" could easily come before the end of the year. I've documented virtually all of Watchtower literature that says something about 1975. It all adds up to one thing: JW leaders are liars and "false prophets".

: And I personally don't think that the "Generation" issue hit JW pretty hard, that I remember.

The Watchtower made sure to couch the new doctrine in such vague terms that most JWs didn't even realize that anything had changed much, so there was little impact at the time. However, as Mary points out, look at the way the JW organization has gradually become stagnant since then. The change is certainly not the only factor, but it's a contributing one because "the generation" is now open-ended. It has no date that can be attached to it, so the Society's constant rambling on about "how soon the end is" is falling on deaf ears.

AlanF

• breal
    breal

The society is very convincing in how it uses current events as "signs of the times" (more earthquakes, storms, famine, war etc)Unfortunately JW's tend to forget that it may not be a case of these events increasing in occurance but rather more reporting of them by news, internet, etc. I think people need something to hold onto. It is easier for some to wait for "paradise earth", than it would be to admit they had spent there entire life believing something that was not going to happen. It is similar to staying with a dead end job/relationship - someone sticks with what they know as it is within there comfort zone. Also as many know as soon as any JW stops following the rank and file it creates all sorts of problems for them, df'd, labelled as bad association.

In speaking with a JW coworker recently she said she is happy that the society adjusts timelines and admits mistakes in these areas as it shows they are gaining increasing insight into the bible.

• Mary
    Mary
    Because they have increased n a lower rate doesnt mean they were hit mosly because of the Nov. '95 WT issue.

Really? What does it mean then?! Ooooooh, I guess ol' Satan has "blinded the eyes of the unbelievers" eh? That's why the virtual no increase since that article came out eh?

I said MOST who leave are older children. If you were to couint 10 of the most recent people who were DFd, most are the young ones.

How on earth would YOU know the age of "MOST" who leave? Does headquarters give out their ages? Eh??? Now applying your ridiculous logic locally, there were three DF'd in my area last year. The oldest one was in his early 50's and the youngest one was around 36. I think in the last 5 years, we've had about 9 DF'd, and only ONE was a teenager. The rest were all Dubs for 20 years or more.

And if you don't know this if because YOU are not aware.

Jes' keep talkin'........maybe you'll convince yerself.............and BTW, what's a good little christian like yourself doing on a nasty forum like this? Countin' time?

• Joker10
    Joker10

Don't get exited, Mary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit