Is there a WT - Aspergers Connection?

by Sea Breeze 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

So after much research, I'm convinced that my dad and both my older brothers have Aspergers. They can come across as jerks at times especially when their guard is down. However, they can hide it extremely well when they want to, with pointed effort. When they are doing this, they can really pour the sugar on top to appear a certain way. However, their natural state is to have a cap on their emotions, and be detached and have a Data-like (Star Trek Droid) demeanor. This manifests when they are not posing, or when motivated to punish someone emotionally to get their way.

My oldest brother was appointed an elder at only 19 years old. This was no doubt due to his mechanical, droid-like comportment, blind obedience and child-like jesting. Many normal jokes he either didn't get or pretended that it was inappropriate for his holy little ears to entertain.... Likely he just clammed up because he was confused as to the nuanced social interaction that was the subject of the joke.

Aspergers people are confused in many social situations and seek rigid rules to help them feel comfortable. In the real world, they would be viewed as geeky, if very reliable type folks.... but not taken seriously most of the time. In the WT they can rise quickly to the top, and be looked upon as examples, and be revered as much as many heads of state depending on how high they go. My brother gives talks (readings) at assemblies of 30,000 people or more. All of whom clap on que, as he dutifully reads WT propaganda.

I would like for members of this board to do your own research and think about what I am suggesting, which is: that there may be an Aspergers connection to the WT leadership. This may help explain the course many families have taken when joining the WT.

I am convinced that my father and both older brothers (as well as many distant recitatives) have this syndrom. The WT religion can't explain all of the craziness I experienced growing up.

It is ironic that both brothers have placed dad into a Christian nursing home where he is now alone. After hearing my dad denounce the "filthy Whore of Bablyon" all my life, it is interesting that he is just fine in a Christian funded nursing home that will continue to pay the bills through church charity when the money runs out. Who knows, maybe some nice nurse will share the grace of god with him, even if he is now "sucking at the tits of the whore". (This is what dad on occasion said people were doing when they went to church.)

So what do yall think? Am I on to something here or no?

Here's an article and a discussion I found helpful:

https://dev.to/baweaver/the-myth-of-the-autistic-jerk-3kjl

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-people-with-Aspergers-treated-like-theyre-jerks

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I don't know if there is a connection, but I know a number of witnesses who definitely were on the spectrum. Some also in my own extended family.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It never ceases to amaze me how JW`s turn to Christendoms various charities and services when needed .

The only " TRUE " religion has no time for them anymore .

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Sea Breeze thank you for your observations. We just found out our youngest grandson has autism. I see some of the things in him that the article's you posted. This will help us to better understand him in the future. He is only 4 so hopefully he can be helped with all the problems he has. As they say knowledge is power. Thanks again. Still Totally ADD

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just as a side point. I have a great aunt who lived and breathed JWisim. Regular pioneer and married to an elder for many decades. Now sits in a nursing home, where she has been forgotten.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Is that affliction you are referring to pronounced, 'ass--burgers'? If so I know a bunch of jw's with a similar affliction pronounced, 'ass-kissers'!

just saying!

• LV101
    LV101

I don't know about Aspergers but cleary disordered characters (wolves) and they're not unique in the world. A dime a dozen.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I found most of the higher ups in watchtowerland have to be a little off mentality or something to believe and follow Wt nonsense. I know for myself after much discovery you have to be a few gallons short to trust this stuff.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I often wondered if Fred Franz had something like Aspergers . He could memorize those scriptures very well. But,just reading about how he handled some occasions ,it seems he lacked empathy. In Ray Franz book,"Crisis of Conscience" ,he related Fred Franz' opening line for a funeral talk,was to start out by saying," what a great day to be alive". That sort of struck me as a bit odd. And there were other experiences that I read of him,that made me think that he wasn't very emotionally mature.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The inmates are definitely running the asylum at Watchtower. They just had us fooled for a while with their uniforms and clipboards.

This is one of the funniest movies I've seen. Can you spot the patient that poses as a doctor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZtUoH_1X5I

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit