Today's Watchtower Study Article - 100% Double-Speak

by The Fall Guy 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

20+ years ago, they warned JW's about the Dateline show on Child Sexual Abuse in the congregations. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to watch it. I called up an elder and asked if it was true. He said You don't think Holy Spirit will allow that do you?

I wonder if they will warn them again thru the elders. If some JW's have watched the show on Scientology, they will be bound to watch it believing there will be errors. Even if they don't believe it at the time they watch it, they will remember it. I remembered Dateline and it was part of the evidence against the WT, that helped me decide to investigate the WT's teachings.

So hopefully, this will do a lot of good, if not now but also in the future.

• stillMS
    stillMS

I've been to this WT study - it really was a joke overall. But the comments are 100% Orwellian, hardcore jdubs sharing their experience about meeting 'evil apostate lies' online and how they were horrified and later victoriously rejected them, etc.

No red flags rosen for anyone, no confusion - nothing.

• freddo
    freddo

I went for my monthly "howya doin?'" visit (to check up and report on the decline) and heard a prize comment from one of the more gullible brain dead people in the hall (weren't we all?) ...

"We must not be naive or gullible, we must be sure we have all the facts." - This sounded like it was read out from a piece of paper.

• MrHappy
    MrHappy
    A comment from the meeting yesterday - "the jw newsroom provides unbiased news". The WT conductor commended the comment and said "yes the point is that we receive unbiased news from the society". The whole WT was designed to indoctrinate the congregation that the only place they can trust information from is the society and that it can be trusted without question. The example of the russian experience was used to warn that no report can be trusted.
  • Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Yes, they are capitalizing on the poor journalism (fake news) on politics and it so easy to claim they are victims.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

But even with all the propaganda from the Watchtower lesson and the many JW's commenting on it, there are still some who say who will want to look. Curiosity will be begging and begging.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit