Today's Watchtower Study Article - 100% Double-Speak

by The Fall Guy 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

1) Throughout the whole article JW's were being told not to believe or pass on everything they hear, but to examine the information to prove whether it was true or not.

2) Throughout the whole article JW's were being told not to listen to or look into any information or challenges which sounded negative about the org.

Mind-numbed JW's will be leaving their KH's today wondering, "Do I try and prove to myself and others that that what has been said is definitely a lie, (1 Timothy 4:1; 1 Peter 3:15;1 John 4:1) or do I totally ignore it and believe everything the org tells me is true?" (Proverbs 14:15)

Cult-training in full flow.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Nothing new it seems. It’s little wonder you cannot reason with Jehovah’s Witnesses. They have “The Truth” after all.

• Ding
    Ding

Think for yourself, but pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

• Ding
    Ding

The Fall Guy said: "Mind-numbed JW's will be leaving their KH's today wondering, "Do I try and prove to myself and others that that what has been said is definitely a lie, (1 Timothy 4:1; 1 Peter 3:15;1 John 4:1) or do I totally ignore it and believe everything the org tells me is true?" (Proverbs 14:15)"

Unfortunately, I think that the vast majority of JWs won't wonder about anything.

They won't see any contradiction there at all.

They'll think, "I've already proved to myself that I'm in the truth and I'm not going to waver."

Then they'll go on believing whatever the GB tells them.

• stillin
    stillin

So much talk about not repeating rumors until they are established as true. Yet not a whisper on JW.org about the 38 million dollar lawsuit that they lost last week.

I didn't just read about that here, on an apostate website. Multiple national news sources covered it. Yet, absolutely nothing on the Witness's own news page.

Can a person trust a news source that neglects to mention a news item of such importance about their own organization?

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

This may all seem "timely", especially since expose's like Leah Remini's is scheduled to be broadcast on Tuesday, Nov. 13th. . . . . . . . .

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HIDDLESWIFE:

Yes, I can’t wait to see Leah’s show.

I’m sure the JW religion knows about this upcoming show and wants their ‘sheep’ to not watch it. I hope many Witnesses do watch it. For PIMO JWs it will confirm what they already know or suspect. Diehards will be distressed but it cannot be helped.

• skin
    skin

Yet not a whisper on JW.org about the 38 million dollar lawsuit that they lost last week.

Does makes you wonder if they timed this study to coincide with the out come of that lawsuit?.

As this study brought out "Don't believe the negative lies the media say about us...or you could lose your faith, how sad that would be".

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I was there today listening to the cult talk... So according to their info, we are supposed to go to the source to get the correct info when we are looking for the facts. Ok, so what happens when we call or write the branch to ask about the truth and facts about the arc or the lawsuits? Are they going to be honest or transparent? All the news about the lawsuits are just made up? I was about to boil over with disgust and uncontrolled laughter during the cult session today

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Haha, All or Nothing, great post. I'm thinking "truth, honesty, and transparency", yea, from a religious organization that now has more lawyers than housekeepers? Good luck with that! I can understand your disgust.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit