In the last 20 years How Many Changes Have Occurred in Watchtower Beliefs?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

You can take blood as long as it is chopped into very small pieces.

Also, what is the status of the resurrection of Sodom and Gomorrah? The fate of these fine people has flipped a few times over the past 20 years.

• Ding
    Ding

The Sodom and Gomorrah flip-flops are a good example of what I asked about earlier.

Why do they feel the need to talk about it at all?

That's not something that affects any of their major teachings.

And since there's no way to prove or disprove whatever they do say about it, why all the changes?

Why not just leave the whole topic alone or take a position once and stick with it?

• waton
    waton

The condemnation of wt lies in the fact that they will disfellowship a JW for disenting from a then current doctrine, but not re-instate that person automatically when his former insight is reflected in the inevitable change aka , "new light". "further consideration".

The most blatant change for me is, that they now, in their final "generation" teaching, flagrantly contradict Math 24: 34: quote:

"--this generation will not, by no means pass away--" - to- " --The anointed generation will pass away, on to their reward, before all these things occur.

Their reward being to participate in the slaughter.

• Chook
    Chook

The 96 is bullshit , their beliefs have literally hundreds of Jw written and unwritten rules, even if it's not doctrine it still affects the average Jw with ordinance on every thing from clothing to hair styles.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah`s Witnesses don`t care how many changes have taken place because that fact proves they are the "true" religion .

What other religion is honest enough to change ,actually modify their beliefs when they are found to be wrong ? None.

Why then do JW`s change ? because they believe the light gets brighter and brighter as the day draws near and change proves they have the "truth".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Why then do JW`s change ?

GOD changes His mind from time to time.

Evidently®, the JW God is bipolar, or at least indecisive.

• careful
    careful

Thanks, NY44M, but that's not what I asked. I asked "What's changed about one's own blood?"

In darspilver's post there are two things listed, "blood fractions," and "use of one's own blood." I'm asking about the change in the second one, not the first.

I may be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that they've reversed their view that a good Witness will not store his/her own blood to be used later in his/her own surgery. But I'd love to wrong on that one!

• Ding
    Ding

The condemnation of wt lies in the fact that they will disfellowship a JW for dissenting from a then current doctrine, but not re-instate that person automatically when his former insight is reflected in the inevitable change aka , "new light". "further consideration".

That's because the requirement loyal and unquestioning obedience to the GB is the WT's primary and unchanging doctrine.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello careful , here below the change published by the Society’s Governing Body:

*** w00 10/15 pp. 30-31 Questions From Readers ***

In the light of Bible commands about the proper use of blood, how do Jehovah’s Witnesses view medical procedures using one’s own blood?

Rather than deciding solely on the basis of personal preference or some medical recommendation, each Christian ought to consider seriously what the Bible says. It is a matter between him and Jehovah.

Jehovah, to whom we owe our lives, decreed that blood should not be consumed. (Genesis 9:3, 4) In the Law for ancient Israel, God limited the use of blood because it represents life. He decreed: “The soul [or life] of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have put it upon the altar for you to make atonement for your souls.” What if a man killed an animal for food? God said: “He must in that case pour its blood out and cover it with dust.” (Leviticus 17:11, 13) Jehovah repeated this command again and again. (Deuteronomy 12:16, 24; 15:23) The Jewish Soncino Chumash notes: “The blood must not be stored but rendered unfit for consumption by pouring it on the ground.” No Israelite was to appropriate, store, and use the blood of another creature, whose life belonged to God.

The obligation to keep the Mosaic Law ended when the Messiah died. Yet, God’s view of the sacredness of blood remains. Moved by God’s holy spirit, the apostles directed Christians to ‘abstain from blood.’ That command was not to be taken lightly. It was as important morally as abstaining from sexual immorality or idolatry. (Acts 15:28, 29; 21:25) When donating and transfusing blood became common in the 20th century, Jehovah’s Witnesses understood that this practice conflicted with God’s Word.

Occasionally, a doctor will urge a patient to deposit his own blood weeks before surgery (preoperative autologous blood donation, or PAD) so that if the need arises, he could transfuse the patient with his own stored blood. However, such collecting, storing, and transfusing of blood directly contradicts what is said in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Blood is not to be stored; it is to be poured out—returned to God, as it were. Granted, the Mosaic Law is not in force now. Nevertheless, Jehovah’s Witnesses respect the principles God included in it, and they are determined to ‘abstain from blood.’ Hence, we do not donate blood, nor do we store for transfusion our blood that should be ‘poured out.’ That practice conflicts with God’s law.

Other procedures or tests involving an individual’s own blood are not so clearly in conflict with God’s stated principles. For instance, many Christians have allowed some of their blood to be withdrawn for testing or analysis, after which the sample is discarded. Other more complex procedures involving one’s blood may also be recommended.

For example, during certain surgical procedures, some blood may be diverted from the body in a process called hemodilution. The blood remaining in the patient is diluted. Later, his blood in the external circuit is directed back into him, thus bringing his blood count closer to normal. Similarly, blood that flows into a wound may be captured and filtered so that the red cells can be returned to the patient; this is called cell salvage. In a different process, blood may be directed to a machine that temporarily carries on a function normally handled by body organs (for example, the heart, lungs, or kidneys). The blood from the machine is then returned to the patient. In other procedures, blood is diverted to a separator (centrifuge) so that damaging or defective portions of it can be eliminated. Or the goal may be to isolate some of a blood component and apply that elsewhere on the body. There are also tests in which a quantity of blood is withdrawn in order to tag it or to mix it with medicine, whereupon it is put back into the patient.

The details may vary, and new procedures, treatments, and tests will certainly be developed. It is not our place to analyze each variation and render a decision. A Christian must decide for himself how his own blood will be handled in the course of a surgical procedure, medical test, or current therapy. Ahead of time, he should obtain from the doctor or technician the facts about what might be done with his blood during the procedure. Then he must decide according to what his conscience permits. (See box.)

Christians should bear in mind their dedication to God and obligation ‘to love him with their whole heart, whole soul, whole strength, and whole mind.’ (Luke 10:27) Unlike most in the world, Jehovah’s Witnesses highly treasure their good relationship with God. The Life-Giver urges all to trust in Jesus’ shed blood. We read: “By means of him [Jesus Christ] we have the release by ransom through the blood of that one, yes, the forgiveness of our trespasses.”—Ephesians 1:7.

[Footnotes]

Professor Frank H. Gorman writes: “The pouring out of the blood is best understood as an act of reverence that demonstrates respect for the life of the animal and, thus, respect for God, who created and continues to care for that life.”

The Watchtower of July 1, 1951, answered key questions about this subject, showing why transfusions of donated blood are not appropriate.

[Box/Pictures on page 31]

QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF

If some of my blood will be diverted outside my body and the flow might even be interrupted for a time, will my conscience allow me to view this blood as still part of me, thus not requiring that it be ‘poured out on the ground’?

Would my Bible-trained conscience be troubled if during a diagnostic or therapeutic procedure some of my own blood was withdrawn, modified, and directed back into (or onto) my body?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

*** w00 12/15 p. 30 Do You Remember? ***

How do Jehovah’s Witnesses view medical procedures using one’s own blood?

Basing their beliefs on the Bible, they do not deposit their own blood and later accept it as a transfusion. Each Christian decides for himself how his own blood will be handled in the course of a surgical procedure, medical test, or current therapy. He should consider what the Bible says about blood and remember that he is wholly dedicated to God.—10/15, pages 30, 31.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The change, very carefully worded is clear!

“Each Christian decides for himself how his own blood will be handled..”

Greetings,

J.C. MacHislopp

• carla
    carla

Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit