Did Geoffrey Jackson Actually Reject His Faith During the ARC Hearing?

by xjwsrock 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "It can transform a cowardly act of self-interest into a noble act of gallantry and courage with very little effort. And that's just your average guy."

Hell; by that basis of comparison, Geoff Jackson has superpowers. :smirk:

• millie210
    millie210

I remember reading a thread here on his wordage "Guardians Of the Doctrine".

It sounded so modern and "worldly and Harry Potter-ish when he said it, it didnt even sound like JW speak.

Turns out it was first uttered by the pope a few years ago,

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

What are the specific statements he made which are utrue?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    “…I think would seem to be quite presumptuous to say that we are the only spokesperson that God is using...”

The most weaselly words a weasel has ever worded.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

This site has some commentary, but also links to the transcripts and video:

https://preachfromthehousetops.com/2022/02/06/the-testimony-of-geoffrey-jackson-at-the-australian-royal-commission/

Jackson's testimony makes you think of someone with a lot to hide. He frequently would not answer questions directly, which resulted in several instances where the prosecutor repeated the questions and explained that his answers needed clarification or did not apply to the question at all. It shouldn't be difficult to find at least one or two instances where Jackson either lied or was deceptive.

And it should be noted that he only testified because he was in Australia to visit his ailing father and was served a subpoena. No GB member wanted anything to do with the ARC, much in the same way they are trying to get out of being included in the investigation in New Zealand.

As for "theocratic warfare," was that what Jesus did? Lie to people and misrepresent himself in order to avoid having to answer difficult questions, or get out of trouble? If not, whose example are they following when they advise people to Lie For Jehovah? I bet those JWs in Malawi would have liked some clarification on the issue.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

was all this really 8 years ago ? where have those years gone ?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    was all this really 8 years ago ? where have those years gone ?

I agree Stan. Feels more like about 4. Lockdown groundhog days??

TOH Jackson's testimony makes you think of someone with a lot to hide.

Didn't it?!! He was really evasive. I really don't think it was a question of compartmentalisation. I think he had orders to say whagtever it took and get out fast! This was all about protecting Jehovah's holy money chest at all costs!

remember reading a thread here on his wordage "Guardians Of the Doctrine".
    It sounded so modern and "worldly and Harry Potter-ish when he said it, it didnt even sound like JW speak.
    Turns out it was first uttered by the pope a few years ago,

That's just so typical I've come to find out! Just like their "real life stories" too!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls…

…if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don’t deserve to be defended.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"I think it would seem to be quite presumptuous to say that we are the only spokesperson that God is using"

Really? Name the other spokespeople, Geoffrey? 🤔

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit