Now this is weird, ever heard of the "Mandela Effect" ??? What if... ?

by Greybeard 40 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Surely you mean Looney Toons.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

They didn't change much? Seemed like a huge confession to me. True, they still view them as the slave for some crazy reason. Surely like many of us, many of them missed this quote too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I thought the Mandela Effect was something you experienced after dropping acid. :smirk:

• SAHS
    SAHS

This so-called phenomenon of the “Mandela effect” is absolutely and profoundly retarded! It is nothing more than mass misremembering. The correct understanding tends to be the simplest. (Look up “Occam’s Razor.” Scully referred to it on the X-Files.)

I think what happens is that some influential person on mass media, such books, radio, or television, publicly misremembers, or misquotes, a well-known term or phrase, and then it catches on to the point where it becomes a commonly perpetuated mistake, or aberration, from the original.

That’s all it is! This so-called “Mandel effect” is in reality nothing more than commonly shared misremembering of a well-known term or phrase. That’s it.

(“Alternative reality” – give me a break!)

As for the application of this “Mandela effect” to the WT governing body, that is simply the case of a cult having to change its basic dogma in response to the ever-advancing arrow of time in relation to its cherished teaching regarding its own contrived identity and authority.

And that’s it!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This Mandela effect is freaking me out!

There's NO WAY Kit-Kat doesn't have a hyphen. Something seriously wrong has happened to this universe at some point: CERN or what I don't know what. Thanks for alerting us.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I get what you're saying, that it appears that the Society's change from 1919 to the Great Tribulation went over the heads of all folks, JWs and ex-JWs.

And, yes, I'm also certain that most -- even here -- missed its significance. Yes, I believe it's a significant change on their part.

But not all missed it. When that article appeared, poster Legacy brought it to our attention some 3 years ago in the topic, "

July 2013 WT Sunday ? Who is now the FDS ?

at the following link:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/260965/july-2013-wt-sunday-who-now-fds?size=20&page=1

Keep on truckin!

Len Miller

ps: Your Mandela Effect theory may have been too much of a distraction to the bulk of your audience to get engaged in such an important Watchtower change. Just sayin'.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Before we get carried away let's be clear about what actually changed. Recall that Matt.24:45-47 is the scripture under consideration.

"Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so! Truly I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings."

Watchtower is now saying that this scripture refers to two separate appointments, one over "his domestics" and the other, "all his belongings".

In 1919, according to them, the slave was appointed over "his domestics". No change here.

In future (the Great Tribulation), according to them, the slave will be appointed "over all his belongings". That's the change.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Greybeard, there was this article written on the Beroean Pickets website back in Sept '13. They did a comprehensive study on the 'Faithful Slave' and the July article you are speaking of. In this particular article they do talk about the changes to the so-called '1919 appointment'. I remember reading it at the time. It is a biggie.... and many JWs just don't realise it. It goes into their subconscious and elevates the GB in their minds to Godlike status.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

We have a word play in Portuguese with the name of a fish: Pescada. [Cyniscion leiarchus] In english, it literally means "Fished". So, we ask the riddle: "What is the thing that was, before being?" Answer: the "Pescada". Because it was Fished before it was fished.

The Governing Body wants us to believe they were before they became ... the "faithful slave".

The phrasing in Matthew 24:45 indicates that the reason why the Lord picks that particular slave to provide food in the proper time to the domestics is precisely because he is already considered "faithful and prudent" BEFORE he is assigned that task. The implication of this is simple: He must be in existence before this assignment. The mistake of the GB is to teach that BEFORE 1919 there was no slave, that it came to exist on that year with the supposed appointment by Jesus. This is an obvious misstep; why would the GB make such mistake? It seems obvious to me: They want to discard the teachings and work of Charles Taze Russell. That's why he has been now paralleled with John The Baptist, by saying he did the work of a precursor. But, because he wasn't yet the slave, it can be argued that he wasn't directed by the Lord, and that is why he made a lot of false predictions about 1914, amongst other teachings that were later discarded.

In fact, the true founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses is now JF Rutherford. Russell belongs to the Bible Students movement.

Of course, the whole point is moot when you consider that the "faithful slave" narrative is a PARABLE, not a PROPHECY. It is meant to be a moral story about readiness and faithfulness, that's all there is to it.

EdenOne

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

FatFreek 2005 - "In future, according to them, the slave will be appointed 'over all his belongings'. That's the change."

They plan to rule the world in the "New System".

Does this really surprise anyone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit