Can you list the positive points of being a JW as against the negative points of being a JW in your experience ?

by smiddy3 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DESIROUS OF CHANGE:

While we can all point out some ‘positive’ factors/benefits from being a JW, they can ONLY be perceived as positive so long as the negative effects weren’t enough to either kill us OR severely hamper us.

I am referring to people dying from the blood ban; those who suffer severe depression from shunning, etc. with ruined family lives which stays with a person forever; and, lastly, poverty as a senior citizen because of not getting a decent job w/benefits in younger years.

A lot of JWs/ex-JWs fall in the category of falling somewhere outside these categories so they can say they ‘benefited’ somehow because of the religion. But, they only benefited from dumb luck and favorable circumstances (like the fact that I was not born-in but came in with a full-time job which I held onto until Retirement).

My honest assessment is that the bad might outweigh the good.. If I had it to do all over again, knowing what I know, I would never have joined the JW religion and I’m glad I’m Out.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

A good thing: Not being a follower of the world in as politics and holidays and religion in general.

And I learned roofing during the quick build times and how to do study and public speaking.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I’ve learned how to deal with all kinds of weirdos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit