Can you list the positive points of being a JW as against the negative points of being a JW in your experience ?

by smiddy3 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

What is the harm or downside of being PIMO?

I get all the good things about being in the cong, good social life lots of invites to BBQs and meals out

lots of interesting gossip 🤣🤣🤣🤣

there is no downside once you come to terms that the GB are lying about everything and it’s all nonsense

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never got any benefits. It is pretty hard to quit smoking if you never bothered to start in the first place, and I didn't start for reasons that had nothing to do with the jokehovians. It is a complete waste of my time and money, and I already knew that others' smoking was not enjoyable. Multiply that by a factor of 5 or more, and that was reason enough to not bother wasting the time starting smoking.

The same reason I know I would hate missionary work. I hated going door to door for 2-3 hours per day, and if that's all I did every day forever, I would hate it that much worse. And I can learn French or Spanish another way if I see fit (I already had French in high school, for all that is worth with all the words they snake-taught) without being tied to the jokehovian witlesses. And joining that religion will not stop them (or joke-hova) from exploiting the situation by sending me to Africa or Latin America on such a mission.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

With me personally, there were a few positive points. I learned how to be a public speaker and communicator. Those skills in of themselves serve me well with my job. I've always been shy and quiet by nature, but I'm able to put that aside when I need to.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Interesting post Smiddy.

A JW elder told me once that I should be grateful because of what I had gained from the org, for example, my wife, who I adore. For those of us born-in's, we simply dont know how our lives would have turned out, or what paths we would have taken - good or bad.

How do I know I wouldnt have got an even better wife outside the org?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Lets face it JJ ,you could have got a good wife no matter what religion you belonged to or even no religion .

And you also could have got a terrible wife in the JW religion , there are plenty of bad marriages in JW land as anywhere else.

• blondie
    blondie

Anything good I seemed to have learned during my tenure with the WTS, could easily have been learned elsewhere. But the bad stuff I was indoctrinated with over almost 50 years is hard to get rid of and the negative effects that I experienced during childhood and adulthood. Don't kid yourselves.

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

The benefits are that you are part of a group of people that you can rely on (as long as they don’t know that you are PIMO)

if anything bad happens you have a support network

if you need help JWs will be there for you

even moving house or anything we find loads of help sisters cleaning and brothers moving boxes then meals delivered

as long as they think you still believe 🤣

• jhine
    jhine

Punky you dark horse. Evensong wow .

I go to the very traditional sung Evensong service at my church In Amington Tamworth. You are welcome any Sunday 5pm . It would be great to meet you.

Jan

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jan.

I know. I go to Evensong most Sundays at Peterborough Cathedral. They installed a Canon this week so there was a few more than the usual bunch that I've got ton know.

I know Tamworth, it's quite a distance from here but you never know when I'll take you up on that.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

To know and understand the Bible.

To not be controlled or follower of the world such as politics and holidays.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit