Question for Cart-Watchers

by berrygerry 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Q. What is more important, The Bible Teach book or the Bible itself?

A. The Bible, of course.

Q. Then why do you only display these books, and not the Bible?

• steve2
    steve2
    Double post
  • steve2
    steve2

Excellent questions! Short, memorable and nicely disturbing.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Q. What is more important, The Bible Teach book or the Bible itself?

Watchtower Answer:

The Bible is Useless..

Without WBT$ Literature to interpret it for you..

...........Nun Of Youz Iz SmartNuf To Red Da Bible..

............................All By Yer Selvez..

..................Image result for Watchtower Stephen Lett

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

The Gray Bible in this image really needs to be replaced with: "The Bible for Dummies"

Image result for Watchtower Stephen Lett

• talesin
    talesin

I've never seen that book. Maybe I could ask "Bible Teach, what is that?" And whip out my own weird translation* of that tome from my knapsack. Could always pretend to be taking religious studies. hmm, I have yet to find an angle that I'm comfortable with (being too much of a smartypants, I confess). But this might work.

Thanks, bg

* picked up a rare and strange translation last summer, freebie

EDIT: If I wheel up in my chair, will I be able to guilt them into listening? will I be considered an 'easier mark'?

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

In my obnoxious opinion....The answer to this OP question is the same answer for "Which is more important, the Watchtower and Awake or the bible?. Which do you think is more important to the WTS?

The bible?,,,a catholic book that many people can relate to...that's their 'in'

OR

The WTS publications [which ever ones are available]...pushes WTS agenda and lists biblical references which almost never relate to the point that they are trying to make.

Also I wanna shout out to OUTLAW, I very much appreciate your cartoons, moving videos, and work on these replies....Whenever I see your name, I know I will be entertained. Many thanks from The Truth Will Set You Free

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092

Thanks for the idea! I think the next time I'm out of town and see a cart, I will simply ask if I can have a bible instead of literature. I'm confident they will direct me to the website and/or app to which I'll lie and tell them that I don't have a smart phone and I was hoping to have a tangible bible to read on the train.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Bibles are expensive. If you walk by a cart, ask for a Bible.

• blondie
    blondie

I remember what Mormons said to me about why the Book of Mormon was more important than the bible and was told "the bible is only as good as far as it goes"

The other thing I remembered is that jws were told to associate any donations to supporting the "worldwide work" not with taking a publication since no direct cost was to be associated with taking a publication. I wonder if jws at the cart would only ask for donations if the person takes a book?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit