Kingdom Hall in Barrington, Illinois

by Expanded-Mind 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Expanded-Mind
    Expanded-Mind

I often drive past a Kingdom Hall in Barrington, Illinois, where, when I was still a Witness, I had visited a few times. It wasn't too far from the Hall I attended and we got to know people from this congregation.

I recently passed it by and it appeared there was a new sign in place. Yesterday I decided to pull into the parking lot on my way home, and it appears that the hall has been sold and is now occupied by Seventh Day Adventists (I did a check online when I got home). A listing that advertised the Barrington Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses said below it: "Permanently Closed."

I am wondering if anyone on this site knows if that congregation is building a new hall or if they have been absorbed into other local Kingdom Hall.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I don't know, but I imagine they were absorbed into another congregation.

I also find it ironic that the Seventh Day Adventists are now using the old Kingdom Hall. Aren't they one of the splinter groups of the International Bible Students after the hostile takeover of the Watchtower by Rutherford?

• Overrated
    Overrated

Example of World wide Growth!

• Earnest
    Earnest

truth_b_known : I also find it ironic that the Seventh Day Adventists are now using the old Kingdom Hall. Aren't they one of the splinter groups of the International Bible Students after the hostile takeover of the Watchtower by Rutherford?

No. The Seventh Day Adventists were never part of the IBSA, Bible Students or Jehovah's Witnesses. They were a splinter group from the Second Adventists, also known as the Millerites, and share some beliefs and eschatological speculation of the Witnesses.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

In the last days the mountain of the house of Jehovah will be lifted up... bla bla.. Yeah, right.

RB

• skin
    skin

Let's not support Babylon the Great by entering one of their second hand op shops and purchasing a shirt.

If your work gets a contract to perform any building maintenance on a church, thats not allowed because that's promoting false worship.

Selling KHs and other WT buildings to religious organizations is totally fine.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Selling KHs and other WT buildings to religious organizations is totally fine.

We cannot take a swim in a YMCA pool. Nor buy a school raffle ticket to help fund PE equipment for our kids school. Nor offer to help run the soup kitchen for the homeless in the basement of a disused church (or go to a gig in the church basement!)

But we can sell dedicated Kingdom Halls, built to Jehovah's glory, to one of Satan's churches.

• lancelink
    lancelink

I attended Crystal Lake ( a nearby hall) for several decades.But I still keep in contact with several PIMO individuals. I drive by this place off of RT 14 everyday. See the glue marks on the upper left side ? that's where the jw.org sign was.

Barrington hall was sold, and the people were absorbed into the CL hall.So now they have about another 30-45 minute drive to get to the meetings, what a loving provision isn't it ?

Being right on a major highway, this is an absolutely wonderful way to show people driving by that the witnesses are on the decline. I heard that several older members are saying that this hall was sold" to allow other future projects to be funded". praise jah!!

With the Mike Penkava sexual abuse court case going on, I wonder if they sold this to help pay for the watchtower expenses ? Yes that's right the watchtower,,,,, F**k penkava and his situation.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Jehovah has left the building...

...again.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Example of World wide Growth! " yes Overrated ! for the SDA's !

It is interesting when you think of all the years we sat at Conventions and were regaled with the "wonderful international growth" in numbers, and this was given as proof of God's blessing on "His Organization" , when ALL that time the SDA's were growing at a faster rate, and STILL are !

Another case of the Org's Mind Controlling lies !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit