Greta

by road to nowhere 29 Replies latest social current

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The Daily Wire

Facebook Glitch Reveals Father, Activist Behind Greta Thunberg's Facebook ...

I'm not good at getting links right. But this is interesting in light of Greta supposedly doing things on her own according to dear old dad

• Earnest
    Earnest

The Daily Wire report is here.

Greta Thunberg says, regarding this :

Since I have chosen not to be on Facebook personally ( I tried early on but decided it wasn’t for me) I use my father Svantes account to repost content [which I write on my Instagram and Twitter accounts], because you need an account to moderate a Facebook page,

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Talk about reaching.... just stop.

This is just a teenager, like many others who are looking for a cause to stand behind. This is a noble cause.

I wish that when I was her age, I had half of the determination, and sensibility to care about anything worth while.

At the end of the day, the WHO is not important. The facts that she advocates for is what is important.

• cofty
    cofty
    The facts that she advocates for is what is important - Redvip

If only she would stick to facts and stop with the hysterical hectoring.

Any changes we make in our lives will be wiped out a thousand times over by the developing world. If climate change is to be controlled it will done by technology not ideology. Angry teenage girls are not part of the solution.

• jhine
    jhine

l do wonder how some of her ideas will impact on the poorest people . If we all gave up air travel then countries that rely on tourism ( of which many are very poor countries ) would be up the creek for example .

Jan

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

All we can do in realistic terms is promote environment awareness through technological advancement and create regulations upon those advancements.

This has to be implemented through all active industries globally in a state of unifying cooperation.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I am still stockpiling fuel for the coming ice age.

If things get really dire do you all have any recipes for long pig?

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Greta is simple being used by the antifas. Hitler, Mao etc also used young girls in their propaganda

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Any changes we make in our lives will be wiped out a thousand times over by the developing world. If climate change is to be controlled it will done by technology not ideology.

Nonsense. First of all, I doubt we should be making any 1000-year considerations at this point. Technology will certainly be a part of it, but there needs to be a shift in mindset and most importantly in policy.

Allocating public money to invest in coal-powered energy while silently hoping technology will catch up to mitigate the damages is simply idiotic. Just as idiotic as throwing a plastic bottle out the window while driving and murmuring "gee, i hope someone invents something to clean that up"

Relying and hoping on technology is a product of self centered, lazy and stagnant minds who insist on not having their lives and their comfort affected in anyway, for the greater good of mankind.

• cofty
    cofty

How on earth did you get that from my comment Redvip?

'Idiotic, self-centred, lazy and stagnant mind'.

Thank you for illustrating the dilemma. Anybody who doesn't share your hysterical ideology is just beneath your contempt. Environmentalism is a secular cult, Greta is the Messiah and you are a true believer.

Disclaimer -

• Climate change is real
    • Human activity is a significant part of the problem
    • We should take sensible steps to care for the environment
    • Personal changes in lifestyle will make not an iota of difference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit