Jehovah will put it in their hearts to destroy all religion--I Don't think so!

by I believe in overlapping 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

I'm not carrying water for the Catholics but the comment about the Vatican saying that Jesus is not coming back is not true according to Snopes, if Snopes is correct-

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jesus-is-not-coming-back-vatican-says/

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Blondie

My take on this: The real motivation for governments to rise up against religion would be

1) religion no longer supports the governments goals or worse yet, works against them,

2) economically pressed the governments takeover the assets of seemingly wealthy religions.

Both religion and government and even business use each other for their own advantage. It is not based on religious beliefs, just a way to manipulate others.

That's a pretty good analysis!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Vanderhoven - "Somehow I doubt that Pizzaslices has any Watchtower specs to see out of. Hope he shares a little about his background and involvement with JWs."

If he is an XJW, he sounds like one of the ones who also happened to be an Alex Jones fan.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Everywhere you look there are transgenders, nonbinary people and atheists claiming they are "on the right side of history".

Well they really are in a way. In other words, the world is trending towards people being less religious and more secular or atheist. There is also a trend towards having a disposition of "live and let live" towards those who claim they have an odd or different sexual disposition.

So that's where history is heading. Now part of the issue is the stigmas that encouraged these folks to stay in the closet are slowing fading away, including atheists. So people feel more empowered to assume their identity.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    SILLY WORRIES!!
    So Far - Democrats have banned 0 guns. Have taken away 0 guns! No one has EVER talked about banning hunting rifles.
    THERE ARE NO OPEN BORDERS!

Not if you listen to the right wing pseudo - political pundits. Both parties now dwell in a world of hyperbole, where everything is taken to the extreme with the hopes of motivating and scaring their base. It's not just conservative nonsense peddlers though, the Left does this as well, with the constant pulling at the heart strings of the electorate with exaggerations about racism and oppression.

• jhine
    jhine

Yes , nominally Christian countries have gone to war against each other .I say nominally because , as is pointed out on here , most people are atheists or agnostics . So to call countries or their governments Christian is a misnomer . If you polled all of the members of the governments of " Christian " countries you would find few people with any religious faith of any kind .

Communist regimes , run by people who are actively atheistic , openly against religion , have been responsible for the deaths of millions .

This fact is mostly forgotten by people who want to bash religion and blame it for all the world's ills. Political ideals , greed , a thirst for power and wealth , those are the things that cause wars . In other words human nature . Jan .

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses and the rank and file would like to think that Jehovah will put it into their hearts to destroy all religion...Naught!

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping
    jhine

This fact is mostly forgotten by people who want to bash religion and blame it for all the world's ills. Political ideals , greed , a thirst for power and wealth , those are the things that cause wars . In other words human nature . Jan .

Yep people can go crazy for just about anything. Here is one man who went crazy because he wanted his $1.75 refunded because he felt the doughnut didn't taste that good.

https://youtu.be/Bpu6XgtS02w?t=28

• Half banana
    Half banana

The GB are aware that there are agencies building cases to limit the power of the JW organisation. The ARC has already shown that this has had the effect of making the Witnesses revoke their rigid Bible based, "two witnesses" dogma. This is clear evidence that they are losing their authority. The consequence of it is to infer an increase in this activity and set up the secular authorities as an enemy of JWdom and threatening a more fully developed onslaught on them in the future.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Communist regimes , run by people who are actively atheistic , openly against religion , have been responsible for the deaths of millions .This fact is mostly forgotten by people who want to bash religion and blame it for all the world's ills.

Being an atheist doesn't make you do anything. it's just a position of not being convinced that God exists. Communist regimes kill people, not because of any atheist leanings, but because of the need to rule by force. It is that, that is the driver for being oppressive.

And even that does not compare to the daily murders, robberies, rapes, thefts, and other tragedies that happen all over the world by the ~ 99% of the world who claims to be religious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit