Up date on what I decided to do about back surgery

by Still Totally ADD 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

My baby girl aka Morgan is a black lab. We rescue her when she was 6 months old. She is now 12 1/2 years old. She is starting to show her age but she is healthy and still active. We also have a white poodle. Weighs about 10 lbs. Her name is peaches and is also 12 1/2 years old. She is also active but like Morgan is showing her age. We have had her since she was 6 months old.

I was so surprise when I came home from the hospital how much they missed me. Don't ever tell me dogs don't have emotions. We both really love them. Still Totally ADD

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Two dogs-- fantastic! Yup, my little fluffernutter is a ball of love and curls. She so knows when I need her care. Did you train Morgan yourself? I originally trained Emma as a therapy dog, so I felt safe when visiting psycho mom at the nursing home. My therapist recommended that I have her assessed to see if she could be further trained to be a SD. It only took about four months of daily work for her to pass a public access test.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Sail away when first got Morgan it was not with the idea in helping me with my PTSD. As time went on I discovered what was going on after waking up from a nightmare that Morgan was still asleep. I took that as everything is OK. It was a situation we both grew into. I was just lucky to discover it. Still Totally ADD

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I'm glad the surgery went well and you are recovering. Yeah, pain meds are a mixed blessing. I was on them for seven years. I was grateful for them when I couldn't get a correct diagnosis and my pain was intolerable, but you do become dependent and it took two months to recover after stopping them.

I was gone for ten days this summer and my cat was nuts when I got back, she was clingy and needed to be held and cuddled a lot for five days before she calmed down. People think cats are all aloof, but this one is anything but.

• zeb
    zeb

I have crushed disks from years in the metal trades and have thus far avoided the op. I am delighted of your + experiences. Do lots of walking, drinks shit loads of water and hug that lovely Mrs of yours.

Live long and prosper. (deut)

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

LisaRose thank you for your experience. I see why there is such a problem with them. Glad you was able to stop using them. We are also cat people. I know what you mean, cats do have feelings. I was always told we do not own cats,. Cats own us. Take care

Zeb my advice is if you can live with your back problem with exercise and can manage your pain keep doing that. I did for 10 years before I finally had to take care of it. Walking and climbing stairs is my thing now. Drinks lot's of water and above all hug my wife as often as I can. Take care

Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit