Can a Person Resign From Being One of Jehovah’s Witnesses? (JW.org FAQ)

by Da.Furious 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said sparrowdown.

I am in exactly the same situation! Exactly the same!

• rebel8
    rebel8

However, the elders are not authorized to coerce or pressure someone to remain as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Actually that's my favorite bit. This carefully crafted statement throws elders under the bus if anyone ever claims they were "pressured to remain a jw".

We all know pressuring someone, by use of threats and punishments, is standard operating procedure for elders--required, even--because not doing your due diligence to convince someone to stay in the borg makes you bloodguilty or lukewarm.

So now the elders are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they do it, they're following the unwritten(?) rule and taking full blame for it. If they don't, they're not doing their job, can lose their rank and everlasting life.

The borg does really seem to have a publicist. This is masterful manipulation.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Very easy. Yo declare that you don't want to be a jw and you are out. They may ask you to put it in writting but if you say it to 3 elders I cannot see what that is not accepted

• alcyone
    alcyone

Can a citizen of DPRK criticize our great leader Kim Jong Un and our juche worldview?

Yes he can. Each person makes his own choice regarding what he thinks and says. Our Ministry of People's Security is taking necessary steps to protect our beloved leader Kim Jong Un and to reeducate those showing reactionary attitudes.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"You can check out any time you want

But you can never ever leave"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

millie210 - "I am embarrassed to add that I actually believed myself also."

No such luck on my part.

I knew I was being shady and hated it.

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sail Away - "I resigned and threatened legal action if they announced my name from the platform."

I advocate whichever option deprives the more fascist-leaning WT reps their fun.

For me, it was fading.

And now, as per the convention videos, the GB is advocating a tougher stance on faders, too.

I saw that coming years ago, BTW... in fact, I brought it up in my very first post here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit