Governing Body Letter details things that "have never been done before." - Really?

by cappytan 44 Replies latest jw friends

• airborne
    airborne

Thanks for the great post cappytan.

What a bunch of rubbish and mind control this cult is. The word "delightful" stood out for me. They even tell people how they should feel about this crap.

F**k this cult as Wing Commander wrote so elegantly. :)

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

never thought of quick builds that way before. I mean yeah, to think that because they were built over a weekend or so, that was a sign of God's blessing. Where in the Bible does it say that? Actually when Solomon's temple was built it took a long time. More like the church than anything.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

@LevelThePlayingField

Funny how we used to just eat all of the propaganda up, no questions asked, huh?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    They had removed their tattoos. . .

They were the wash off kind so they bought some soap.

• park ave boy
    park ave boy
    Thanks Cappy for this. It really made my day. I'm laughing so hard!
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    A married couple became disillusioned with religion because of the hypocrisy they had observed. In their search for spiritual guidance, they discovered our website. They began regularly visiting the site to read articles from our publications and to watch videos.....The family had made many changes. They had removed their tattoos and body piercings, discarded their religious images, discontinued celebrating worldly holidays, and stopped viewing inappropriate movies—all of this before the couple’s initial personal contact with the Witnesses!

Wow I didn't realize that just reading and watching videos at their web site without the group dynamics can have such bad effects on people, of course there are some people that will believe anything they read or watch on the internet and this family is one of them. They could all use a good course on critical thinking but it is probably too late now, they probably would just view it as information from the Devil.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep, it is PR marketing 101!

They highlight the few points they can, while conveniently ignoring the glaringly obvious many other points that "highlighted" the year:

Massive reduction in building (that was previously a cause of boasting about being evidence of gods blessing)

Massive reduction of bethelites, special pioneers, travelling overseers, congregations.

Continual requests for more money donations

Child abuse findings and the Australian Royal Commission findings

Reduction in conventions replaced by assemblies (due to lack of funds to hire other big venues. The Large gatherings used to be "evidence of gods blessing")

Shall we go on??

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Why would they remove their tattoos (a long, painful and expensive process)?

There is no command to remove existing tats. Me thinks they overplayed their hand with that little detail.

They are liars. No such couple exists.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Sparrowdown: They are liars. No such couple exists.

Yes, his name is probably Andre again....

• freddo
    freddo
    And while removing their tattoos and obeying Leviticus 19 v 28 they completely ignored Leviticus 19 v 27. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to give their experience on the assembly platform ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit