What was the craziest sight you brothers seen running mikes ?

by Chook 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

Eg ,babies jump where they shouldn't, those hairy old sisters....

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

As a hormone induced lad, I enjoyed passing the mike because of the many occasions to view the blouses of the young sisters.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

As I was standing in the back with my mic there was this elder who would come over to me and get me to do his parts, sometimes up to 1\2 hr long! Stupid lies such as "I forgot my glasses" (if true there was enough time to go back for them!)

I didn' t think it was a good idea to argue with him so...

:)

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yup I must confess. Been able to look down sisters tops, if given the opportunity. Which as we all know in jw land isn't very often.

• sir82
    sir82

Not while I was running a mike, but saw it happen.

A critically uncoordinated doofus teen was running the mike. While walking quickly to hand it to a commenter, he managed to step on the cord, and his momentum carried him forward, drawing the microphone downward.

Apparently a couple of rudimentary synapses were able to communicate the message "Must...not...drop...mike" to his nervous system, so he held onto the mike for dear life....

...and proceeded to fall flat on his face.

One of the enduring images burned into my brain is the always-100%-serious no-nonsense elder stage-whispering to his wife, "Don't laugh!" as she nearly asphyxiated from trying to hold it in.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The most I had was when some douchebag wanted me to point the microphone down when not in use. Reason: That would ensure that it would fall off the holder, and a bump would be directly on the microphone instead of on the pole or cord. The microphones should be pointed straight up to eliminate that possibility, and the person behind the sound system has the duty to mute the mics when not in use so they cannot squeak for feedback.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

There was one ex-elder who always sat at the back. Ex-elder because he was an angry argumentative bloke who once punched another elder in the face in the back room (it was great!). Anyway, he'd stick his hand up and if a mic wasn't in front of his mouth in exactly 0.25 seconds he'd stare you down and go bright red in the face with anger. He was so much of a douche that if any brother went over time he'd put his coat on and walk out shaking his head.

One time i was so eager to get the mic in front of him in time that i swung it round a little too fast and "thock!" whacked him in his teeth.

And yes, this...

As a hormone induced lad, I enjoyed passing the mike because of the many occasions to view the blouses of the young sisters.

• Tallon
    Tallon

Slightly different take on this discussion;

Over the years, there were people in the congregations I attended that were seldom called upon to give an answer during the meetings - to this day I still don't know why.

Anyway, when these individuals raised their hand, I used to walk toward where they were sitting, hinting to give this person a chance to answer. On numerous occasions it worked.

• Londo111
    Londo111

A fellow mike-carrier tripped over a big bookbag that was in the aisle.

Another time, in a congregation with pole mikes, I accidentally hit a lady in the mouth and got lipstick on them mike.

• Landy
    Landy

When we introduced radio mikes we used to get the local taxi companies CB radios bleeding over the sound system. The language was quite ripe at times which was amusing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit