Now finally Caleb & Sofia Anti-Gay Video going viral in Germany too

by Daniel1555 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

You don't think some of the offense is just possibly being over-hyped a little? Sure, people can be as offended as they want, but please don't be offended over other people's lack of offense - that's just offensive! ;)

If Sophies mom told her to tell her friend that her moms were filthy gays or anything remotely similar then sure, but she doesn't. In fact, the message recognizes other people have their own idea about what is right and wrong and at the end doesn't involve her being judgmental at all, just for her message to be about paradise and animals etc...

It's only in the context of "not getting into paradise" that being gay is portrayed as dangerous. So people are offended that they won't be invited to the imaginary land that they don't believe in anyway? I mean, I am also not invited to paradise - should I be equally offended? Should I call the newspaper?

Of course it promotes the idea that homosexuality is not bible-approved and that is the real issue - but it's not news, not shocking and to most conservative Christians, it would be offensive to think otherwise.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Who cares if some people overreact (in your eyes of that of others)? Why does it matter? So long as it throws egg on the face of the Borg I would think any good apostate would rejoice in that.

Yes, fundies hate gays. It isn't unexpected. Putting messages out like this, to kids, while ignoring many other issues shows their preoccupation with this subject. I'm not sure because I don't follow their videos much, but have they produced one exposing the threat of pedophiles yet to protect kids? Just wondering.

I've see the arguments where some can't fathom the outrage over this video. Others like me can't fathom why anyone would want to throw their wet blanket over the egg on the face of the dubs, however warranted it is. It feels a lot like the control and right-fighting engaged in their religion. Not everyone will feel the same, but I would think we have a common goal of seeing the Borg exposed in most ways possible. Why the focus on trying to downplay this to others that are all over it? We stopped having to think and feel the same once we left them behind.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Doubtfully Yours are you an active witness?
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Ucantnome

Why don`t you look up his Bio ?

smiddy

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I mean, I am also not invited to paradise - should I be equally offended? Should I call the newspaper

I am offended that my relatives have been commanded to ignore me and then my child for nearly thirty years because they are afraid of being shut out of paradise. This vid is about being very careful not to do anything that will cause them to be shut out of paradise. Including admitting to one's sexual orientation.

I am not shocked by this vid, it is typical JW cultism but why should the world not comment on it? We should speak up against any form of discrimination. I am part of normal human society now and 'we' speak up against discrimination.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Good idea smiddy
  • scotsman
    scotsman
    Of course it promotes the idea that homosexuality is not bible-approved and that is the real issue - but it's not news, not shocking...
    Shunning isn't news or shocking either and every time the WT re-endorses it people are offended but are not told to calm down. And based on the media coverage the video is getting, it seems like it is actually news to non-JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit