Now finally Caleb & Sofia Anti-Gay Video going viral in Germany too

by Daniel1555 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Today Spiegel Online & Bento have an article about the Anti-Gay video.

Spiegel is one of the biggest and most serious news media in Germany.

They also report and show that Youtubers cut the video and changed it in a funny way. Sofia tells her mother that the teacher said it's fine if they love each other. Then Sofia's mother says: "Thats wonderful."

;-)

Here the link:

http://www.bento.de/queer/zeugen-jehovas-gegen-homo-ehe-557656/#refsponi

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

You all enlighten me, please.

How could any religious group pass on their beliefs on this topic to their children in a more tactful way?

Go ahead.

DY

• talesin
    talesin

DY

For starters, don't make it this month's featured video on the Org's public website.

That way, the press would not be aware that they teach such hatred to their pre-pubescent children. The video would not be on youtube (or it would be taken down), etc.

Once you go public, the cat's out of the bag. And it's no longer the 70s. Homophobia is no longer socially acceptable. Period.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Should the public not know the JWs feelings on the LGBTQ subject?

The cat has been out of the bag a long time ago regarding the biblical stance on this deviant behavior.

There simply is just no other way to instruct the JW child in a less hateful way.

The issue is tough, but it needs to be clear in a JW child's mind.

Watch it over and over again with an unbiased mind. It is our life style and it will be passed on to our offspring, just like everybody else does with theirs.

DY

• talesin
    talesin

DY, the real problem I have is not with the video per se, but I'm sure you've read about my friend's suicide. It teaches children, at a very young age, that gay people can't enter Paradise. Then, when they are 17, and so confused because oh no, I'm attracted to same sex! , they may feel hopeless. I guess there is a scar on my heart, and it throbs a bit whenever I hear of another suicide. So this issue does get to me, it's emo, but I try to discuss in a respectful way on an individual level.

I do get the point of what you're saying. My answer was sincere re news articles and youtube. If the Society doesn't want to get press, then they shouldn't make it part of their ministry to the 'world'.

Edit:  It's brazen!  LOL  : D

• undercover
    undercover

I agree that the video isn't really shocking. It presents the JW belief, based on the Bible, that being gay is a sin, and not acceptable behavior in order to reach paradise. Most fundamentalists accept the same teaching, substituting heaven for paradise. It's standard MO for religions like this.

But this comment lets slip your prejudice:

The cat has been out of the bag a long time ago regarding the biblical stance on this deviant behavior.

Deviant? This is where people take offense at the WT video, or other anti-gay propaganda. That it's presented as a learned, perverted, deviant lifestyle. Which is not the case. It's something one is born with. One is born gay the same way one is born with whatever skin color they have.

So while I don't take offence at the WTS using a video to further their doctrine, I do understand that it is propaganda pure and simple...but to be expected from a religion like this.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Talesin,

You got to me. It is certainly sad. I trust the smart JW parent will somehow help their child cope.

Oh my, I have no solution for this.

Suicide is terrible. 😔

DY

• talesin
    talesin

DY, for sure. My friend had a single mom, very strict. It's a good thing we have the 'net, and anyone can find support nowadays. Still, having our parents' love and support means so much..

And hey, no solution expected. I don't have one either. x tal

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Granted that there are a lot of JW nuts that take what the GB publishes to the extreme, but the smart moderate JW, which is what most Spanish JW congs have, knows better and lets the info in one ear and out the other.

Is quite a balancing act sort of a game this JW world.

DY

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, I noted that in your comment on another thread. In English-speaking congs., it's easy to get DF. Just ask a question!

Cultural differences, like everything else that is humanity, exist in the JW world. It's very interesting. I've not seen it, being way up here in Canada. I wonder if the Quebecois (French Canada) have different practices from the English here? They have a 'distinct and separate culture'. Hmmmm..... t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit