Two coins of little value? Ok! Sure (!)

by purrpurr 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I have long thought the WTS is green with envy when it views the Mormons & how they get away with enforced tithing.

IMO, it's only a matter of time until the WTS implements some form of mandatory tithing. I suspect it will start with "appointed men" ("if you want to keep your 'privileges', cough up the dough") and then spread from there.

I reckon tithing will come in "within our generation" (pun intended). But i think what will happen first is, there'll be a major schism and it'll be like Jehovah 2.0. Same bullshit, new can.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I repeat myself but indeed they will tithe. They wont call it that but thats what it will be. The rank and file will accept it. It wont be questioned. Just like the kh tithe.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

God always needs money.
    I guess its the Diety Welfare program.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I'm with Morpheus. When the GB can "take the lead", control hearts and minds, destroy families and lives, lie under oath, take in millions, but not be "leaders", they can do ANYTHING. They have the power to do ANYTHING.

The sheeple will comply. If there is a schism, it won't matter. Just as in the days of Boozerfraud's coup, only the most compliant and weak-minded will stay, and that's good for the cult.

DD

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

NULITE: To be brought out at the "Special" Warwick compound dedication and money grubbing TV show this weekend.

(Malachi 3:8) . . .And YOU have said: “In what way have we robbed you?” “In the tenth parts and in the contributions. . .

Brothers...our money going out is in excess of the money coming in. You MUST quit robbing from Jehovah! We are hereby instituting a new loving arrangement where-by one-tenth of your income will be automatically withheld on the third of each month. (Amos 4:4) . . .and bring YOUR sacrifices in the morning; on the third day, YOUR tenth parts. . .

We send our warm christian love, and a huge bird to each of you!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Fed up, i understand the facetious nature of what you wrote and yet the jw’s would hear that, nod and go to the atm.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Ok I'm going to cut in paste this, as I'm sick of of hearing how the LDS church helps it's members out. My personal opinion is that the LDS are bigger robbers than what WT is. I will let the reader use discernment here.

According to an official church Welfare Services fact sheet, the church gave $1.3 billion in humanitarian aid in over 178 countries and territories during the 25 years between 1985 and 2010. A fact sheet from the previous year indicates that less than one-third of the sum was monetary assistance, while the rest was in the form of “material assistance.” All in all, if one were to evenly distribute that $1.3 billion over a quarter-century, it would mean that the church gave $52 million annually. A recently published article co-written by Cragun estimates that the Mormon Church donates only about 0.7 percent of its annual income to charity.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I also dont understand the love the lds is given here sometimes, other than the fact that slim is addicted to cults. The lds sucks as bad at the borg. No cult is “good”. They all rob and steal peoples lives.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I remember when I was accounts servant I would always leave the loose change in the box so the other congregations could fuss with the coins. The other accounts servants also had the other idea. Thus, there were always a few coins that remained indefinitely in the contribution box. Our actions showed that we considered these coins of little value and more of an annoyance than what they were worth.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

For the money the Mormon church takes from its members as apposed to what it returns, is dismal really. Not a good return on investment. They are literally spinning billions of dollars a year to give pocket change to help anyone. The LDS church recently spent $5 Billion dollars on a luxury shopping mall in down town Salt Lake City. The prophet as he cut the ribbon for the opening said "let's go shopping". Perhaps Jesus over turning the money tables in the temple might come to mind. That mall, the lack of real help they give to anyone for the money they have taken is a huge bone of contention on X-mo forums.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit