Who did you believe the scriptures were describing when you were a JW?

by James Mixon 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS intentionally indoctrinates people to think they are preaching the Gospel with exacting accuracy to what the Bible says to do, identifying the JWS as the only "True" Christian based faith that is preaching solemnly adhered to Jesus's direction will and purpose.

Of course this was all carefully and skillfully designed by the WTS leaders as a means to proliferate the literature the WTS published.

We wouldn't call are selves Jehovah's Witnesses if we weren't would we now ?.

Actually the JWS are devoted witnesses to the Watchtower Publishing house and its leading men than to Jesus Christ and his direction of preaching the Gospel and has disobeyed God many times in its literature proliferation endeavors. One might describe them as indulgent apostates to god and his son.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Simple. If the scripture was condemning certain attitudes or behaviors then it was referring to Christendom, Satan's world or the dreaded apostates.

If the scriptures were describing goodness, righteousness and holiness it was describing the GB, the 144 000, the pioneers/missionaries and sometimes if we were lucky just regular non-titled JWs.

Ahh, those were the days when life was simple and no thinking, genuine feeling or conversation was required. A world of never-ending happiness where you can always see the sun, day or night. So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills......hang on a minute, I'm getting confused with the intro to a Prince song. Anyway.....

The simple life of the mind controlled cult member, what's not to love.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    We were taught the primary application of any scripture was the anointed. I always felt like the Bible wasn't talking to me except when it had to do with what I should or shouldn't do. Ugh. To be associated with the ones who it was written for was the hook, you could be in cahoots with those guys! Wow! It's part of the programming I think. Now I think it was written for tribe members from long ago who have no bearing on me.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I always wondered about that too. About the studies in the Greatest Man book over the years, about the Pharisees. That the Dubs were pointing fingers at others and calling others Pharisees. When in turn they are no different from the ones that they condemn.
  • Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

It would be very interesting to ask a JW this question. Who are these scriptures talking about? -- who puts these heavy loads upon their flock?

And the j-dub would answer something like, "Why, the clergy of Christendom, of course." (an aside, have you ever noticed how often JWs and the publications preface or end a sentence with '... of course...'??)

And then you would ask, "And what are these heavy loads and burdens they put upon their flock..?"

Yes, I would love to ask those questions.....

(... and I used to wonder too, about Jesus' words about his load being light, and that we would find refreshment! It sure didn't feel that way!!)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

What were those heavy burdens?

They were numerous, expensive, requiring much time, much property and free labor.

The Pharisees were rigid in requiring that all the people should pay the taxes, give

of their property, comply with every part of the law with the utmost rigor, yet they

indulged themselves and bore as little of the expense and trouble as possible,

so that, where they could avoid it, they would not lend the least aid to the

people in the toils and expense of their religious rites.

Will the real Pharisee of today stand up please.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

That's because the load JWs have imposed on them by the Borg is everything but, light!!!

(sorry if double posted)

• burnedout
    burnedout
    The heavy load put on me for two decades as an "appointed" man caused my burnout and spectacular breakdown that occurred right in the KH.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

cumbersome Loads=alcoholism,over the counter drugs, stress,anxiety and

other fun stuff. I don't think this is what Jesus had in mind.

But if you want to become a JW, you will have a great time.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yes, extreme alcohol abuse from MS's, Elders. Just to escape some of the off the chart stress some of these guys can get. I can't really blame them. Not that I want to condone alcohol abuse or anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit