Are JWs Enjoying Not Having To Go To Meetings and House To House?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

So everyone has to look like they are still going to the meeting but aren’t. Ok

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

As for meetings, most around my parts are saying that they can't wait to return. I believe them. We need to remember that PIMIs view the religion differently. It's not just a heirarchy and a set of rules, it's their community and social support system. Of course they want to see their people again. Also, your typical JW has deliberately limited their focus on every other aspect of their lives for the sake of the religion and don't have much else to do with themselves. In some respects, it reminds me of children who are excited when school is out for the summer. By the end of summer they get bored and realize that they have nothing else going on in their lives so they can't wait to get back. Then they get sick of school again and can't wait to get out, in a cycle that doesn't end until they graduate and spend the rest of their lives wishing they could relive their schooldays.

As for the ministry. Some people, like my wife, absolutely love it and aren't just pretending. Many (most?) JWs aren't like that and do it out of a sense of duty. Of course, The Watchtower Society shames and defames Witnesses who don't preach cheerfully or who express any bit of dislike for the ministry. I can see that portion of JWs dreading having to go back but being too intimidated bor ashamed to actually admit it.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

@WTWizard

🙄

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

So what areJehovah`s Witnesses witnessing to/for about nowadays.? They have become defunct !

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Although some are still hunker down and hiding at home, I think most are enjoying the free time to get out and about and do things recreationally.

• minimus
    minimus

Walls of Jericho, lol😉

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit