Are JWs Enjoying Not Having To Go To Meetings and House To House?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Since this pandemic, especially, are Witnesses fine with never having to go to another meeting or assembly again??

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

In all the years I was a Witness I was hard pressed to find Witnesses who actually enjoyed the doo-to-door ministry. I knew some, but it was a small portion.

• minimus
    minimus

Since it’s been pretty much discontinued, I would think it’s something Witnesses won’t do even if the Society says it’s time to start knocking on doors.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

are Witnesses fine with never having to go to another meeting or assembly again??

I know about 90 percent of my family is NEVER GOING BACK.

Even if ARMAGEDDON is coming in the next 12 months.

I noticed that the FEAR IS GONE.

My family is not afraid of the Governing Body anymore. And they don't respect the elders anymore.

The Pandemic has debunked the GB and Elders of their power.

And the TASTED FREEDOM, of what it FEELS LIKE to stay home on Saturdays and Sundays is just to much to GIVE UP and go back to the drudgery of meetings and Field Service.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens when they open up the Kingdom Halls-----if they open them up-----because they might not.

• a watcher
    a watcher

I seem to be one of the few that wants to go back to normal. Most of my elderly/sickly sister friends want to stay on Zoom indefinitely.

• minimus
    minimus

A watcher, have you talked to healthy people regarding this ? My thought is not many people would want to have to get dressed up, prepare and get out of your house if you don’t have to.

I’m with Pete, these people got a taste of freedom. They are done.

• Ding
    Ding

What about all those JWs I used to read about who eagerly swam through crocodile infested waters in order to bring the good news to everyone?

• minimus
    minimus

They don’t have to do that anymore 😈

• ElderStuckin
    ElderStuckin

Announced at to US Bethel family this morning that the suspension of in-person organizational activities such as the use of Kingdom Halls and various in-person forms of the preaching work will need to remain in place until at least November 1.

Most publishers in my area seem to enjoy everything better on Zoom, no more wasting gas or time commuting. We’ve gotten very lazy and will not want to go back to the old ways.

• asp59
    asp59

The fact members are afraid of elders and GB shows they shouldn't open hall's. Meetings are not base on Christianity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit