What does the society fill about psychiatrist?.

by new boy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

I have 0 witnesses publications they all went into a great bonfire years ago.There are people here with a vast about of knowledge and resources

I have found this is the best place to get accurate information

sorry for any inconvenience.

• sir82
    sir82

Here is pretty much every JW publication ever written, plus a bazillion more non-JW books about JWs:

http://jw-wayback.org/en/static1/library

You can find just about anything you could possibly want there.

• AdrianIsMagic
    AdrianIsMagic

I know it's probably not helpful, but when I was younger I was never aloud to see a psychiatrist and I desperately needed too. A 10 year old who is suicidal and dosent even understand the feeling kind of has to yanno, if I did I might not be so screwed up now (lol..)

but it I was never aloud to incase the doctor blamed the religion and all that crap..

within in the past few years I was able to though if I didn't I would be dead from an eating disorder

but yes

praying dose EVERYTHING didn't you know..

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS used to adamantly demean Psychiatry, a dangerous pointless venture full of redundancy.

Well over the years the WTS softened its stance a little but still promotes just praying to maintain ones relationship with Jehovah or read the WTS. literature to gain spiritual strength to cope and overcome Satan's crippling influence.

Unfortunately I witnessed some JWs who had developed some mental depression and off balance who parents listened to the WTS, .

These young people committed suicide, staying close to Jehovah's organization didn't work as it was said to.

• lancegalahadx
    lancegalahadx

@snugglebunny

"the psychiatrist might try to convince the patient that the problem was his religion."

Ummmmm...yeah, the doc is probably right about that. They would rather have people in the org that feel like shit instead of helping them get better. Thanks, Jehovah...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit