Noah a Preacher of Righteousness?

by Spoletta 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Noah was the first cart minder

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I just say this because many of the comments today tried to tie in the Door to Door ministry with Noah's example and I just couldn't see it.

Great catch. If you try to understand it and make sense of it from perspective that such events never happened and that both the bible and the WT are full of nonsense, you may be able to make better sense of both what the bible says and what the WT claims.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

He was also the first theocratic gamer

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

You forgot the KEY word they use when BS is about to follow!

EVIDENTLY

• blondie
    blondie

ttdtt, there are so many

• Giordano
    Giordano

Well anybody with any sense knows there was no evidence for The Great World Wide Flood. However....... since every civilization settled, apart from wells,where there was running water everyone's history is full of flood stories. So not surprising that a great flood is used as a lesson in obedience.

The fact that Jesus referenced the great flood indicates an ungodly state of ignorance on his part.

Two things bothered me about this bible account....... number one the so called 'wickedness' of that time was extended to every living thing be it pets and other domesticated or wild animals.......... be it butterflies, bats or birds as well everything living and breathing.

Number two how is an unborn baby wicked? How are little children....... one, two, three years old wicked and deserving of death by drowning? This is fundamentally madness.

Why didn't God's son Jesus not come to share his message about his loving father before the flood? Maybe he was ashamed of his father's wickedness?

Doesn't god have knowledge of the future? Wouldn't he know that wickedness would resume immediately?

And finally it was all right with Jehovah to drown the unborn? Really!!

Of course it was and remains bull shit........ but believers will swallow anything without question....then try to weasel out of the implications of that story.

By the by these are the same implications for Armageddon.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I'm with you Giordano!

It is naive to believe that a universal flood happened in historical time. The flood is an almost universal myth based on the climate change events at the end of the last ice age which happened during the late Upper Palaeolithic period of human prehistory. (Late Old Stone Age)

Up until 14,000 years ago much of the atmospheric moisture was bound up in greatly enlarged polar ice-mass which made the weather much drier and colder than now, and much lower sea levels existed as a consequence. As the ice melted it freed up the water which conspicuously fell as heavy rain and the sea rose as much as 100 meters to modern levels. I think it very likely that these events gave birth to the flood myths including Noah's.

The Biblical take on things was clearly for the purpose of controlling people; to threaten those who would disobey god and praise and reward those who toe the line fearing to displease the tyrant God. Death or reward is a primitive inducement!

Noah, like Adam and Eve, never existed so the question of whether he preached or not is actually irrelevant to reality.

It’s a disastrous intellectual investment to imagine that was it says in the Bible is true.

• evilApostate
    evilApostate

The idea of a global flood is preposterous at best. Even if there was some type of flood, how would Noah know if it was worldwide?

If the place where I have lived all my life is flooded and there is no land in sight then for ancient people, it is logical to conclude that the "whole world" is covered by water. I mean if just part of Australia is flooded, there is no way to know if the entire of Australia is flooded or the rest of the world for that matter.

Can someone living in Sydney Australia see if South Africa is flooded?

• careful
    careful

For any who care, the idea of Noah being a preacher was common in the historic milieu that 2 Peter reflects. Josephus reports it (AJ 1.74), and an extensive description of it is in the non-canonical Jewish Sibylline Oracles (1.125-129, 148-198); it's also in numerous rabbinic works (like the one referenced above), and other early Christian authors (1 Clement 7.6; Theophilus, Ad Autol. 3.19; Apoc. Paul 50). Not that the WT writers know this or are allowed to share it, if they do.

• OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit