Watchtower Bible And Tract Society Urging Town Of Ramapo To Act On Its Application In Timely Manner

by AndersonsInfo 14 Replies latest jw friends

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    They have said how they have seen Jehovah's hand in this project. Wouldn't it be great if they were denied the permit to build after going through all this time and expense!

New light!

• RESPECTFUL OBSERVER
    RESPECTFUL OBSERVER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGaLXdwcQio&t=193s

This video mega center is the Watchtower's last vestige of hope. This center is extremely important to the survival of the Watchtower.

I was surprised ex Jehovah's Witnesses did not register to go into the meeting on zoom and voice their concerns. All I heard were "crickets" from the ex Witnesses.
    The only activist I see that did get to speak was Rick Feron of Six Screens. They shut him down and did not let him talk negatively about the Watchtower.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

If I were living in the area, I would have a problem with the development on the grounds that it would have approximately double the number of residents as the previously stated plans for a senior development, with all the attendant strains on local resources.

The previously proposed senior development had plans for 293 units. At 2 persons per unit that's 586 persons. Possibly fewer as retired folks die and leave their spouses in their homes alone.

Watchtower is proposing 545 one bedroom apartments which are likely for married folks, making the total number of residents 1090. In addition, there would be 100 studio apartments, presumably for singles, so that brings the grand total to 1190 persons.

This is more than double the originally proposed senior development! With that comes double the traffic, double the use of emergency services, double the number of people patronizing local supermarkets and pharmacies.

The only benefit of Watchtower's plan over the other development is the preservation of half the land. But, it's a 250 acre parcel, so they'll be clear cutting 125 acres. Displaced wildlife will move into residential areas.

Obviously I don't know much about that particular area, but this type of development is happening where I live, albeit with smaller parcels, usually no more than 100 acres. Old family farms are being bought up and developed. I don't have too much of an issue with tillable land being built on, but clear cutting acres of trees and throwing them in the wood chipper is an issue. I live on an island and drainage is a problem made worse by clear cutting and wetland fill. The drainage system is sometimes overwhelmed in my neighborhood and it has flooded up to my house. But, the big developers have the money to drag things out through the courts until they bankrupt the smaller counties and they finally give in. This last development spent 10 years in the courts. In that time, it was reduced from 1400 homes to 1100, and they agreed to preserve some additional wetlands. It's also a retirement community, and the pharmacies and grocery stores are now jacked up all the time. Oh, and they're selling in the $500,000 to $600,000 range!

Don't even get me started on homeowner's associations!

• RESPECTFUL OBSERVER
    RESPECTFUL OBSERVER

Yes, Great Teacher, I hear you. Once urbanization starts, it's over. The people of Ramapo should be actively trying to block this project. One of the problems is the residents do not really know who their new neighbors will be.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Closed community. WT food, laundry, entertainment. Little positive or negative impact on the community. I imagine a lot of apartments will be temporary residents. Water resources and loss of tax base is a concern. Maybe a new roof for the firehouse?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit