Interesting piece about Stephen Lett and family: property developers

by Diogenesister 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Another very well researched programme by the Blue Envelope exploring Stephen Lett's bio and his family interest in property. Interestingly his parents were pioneering until the new service year 1975 , when they immediately changed tack and began investing in properties along the Gulf Coast. Once again, highly recommended veiwing.

https://youtu.be/9Qh0JBVSDrc

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Simon is it possible to correct the title to "Lett" for the benefit of those wishing to do a search on Stephen Lett please?

• mann377
    mann377

I wonder how that vow of poverty is working for him? Like all the other Bethelites.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i never knew he had parents.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

that`s very funny stan , i wonder if they try to hide that fact ? maybe even being embarrassed by that fact ?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Excellent video.

It's would be interesting to know what the insurance company paid out on the restaurant fire.

Seems to me there are many JW's following the example of Steven Lett. They talk out of one side of their mouth about The End ™ being soooo close, yet out of the other side they are speculating on new homes, their 401(k) and pensions for their retirement.

IMO, most JW's DO NOT BELIEVE ARMAGEDDON TO BE "RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER". Don't listen to what they say. Watch what they do.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I thought he was the creation of Jim Henson

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DESIROUS OF CHANGE:

I always felt that JWs with any sense would put money away for retirement. Just as long as they are not advocating poverty for somebody ELSE.

When I came in back in the late ‘70s, ALL the older JWs were retirees collecting their pension. However, these hypocrites were telling ME that I should quit my full time job!..They thought I was going to pursue poverty and do favors for all the Users. This is what they held out to young single women...I wasn’t buying it.

I’m sorry for any JWs who reached retirement age unprepared because they listened to hypocrites and never thought they would reach senior years in ‘this System of Things’!..But, I am ever grateful I prepared and never listened to the popular nonsense spouted by everybody there!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Very interesting, thanks. Did I miss it, or does Tim or Stephen have children?

Was Lett the one who encouraged young ones to donate ice cream money? I know he’s the one who asked for increased donations in 2015 becuase they had “more going out than coming in”.

And what about the vow of poverty, isn’t that a thing?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Muppets have parents?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit