Uk members ?

by midnight 40 Replies latest jw friends

• MexiBritYank
    MexiBritYank

Ilkeston, Derbyshire and Lancaster. Now live in the US.

• moley
    moley

Anyone from Plymouth

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Halifax/Huddersfield 😊

• snugglebunny
  • Researchedandenlightened
    Researchedandenlightened

Co.Durham here, ....Scotland seems to be quite generous with donations £82 million ! and i thought the scots were tight

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1077961&SubsidiaryNumber=0

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

RaE it seems odd that that branch of WT in Britains reports an area of activity as Scotland,

Buried in notes on reserves some comment about a German associated charity so it would seem that the money flows that way. Accounts are deliberately confusing as charity A buys stuff from charity B then charges charity A for services, round and round it goes. Where it finishes no one knows.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Money goes from the UK to Germany. Expect more to do so now Seltzers does the printing. Large sums of money were also going to the US but I don't know if that has changed.

I find it hard to believe that 130k people donate £60m - that's almost £500pa per person and we all know that we are probably being generous if we suggested that 65k donate the best part of £1000pa each.

The figures for income and expenditure on KH construction is also interesting - approx £8m going each way - no doubt some circular charity A-B-A thing as per Lostandfound's comment.

I also note that investment management costs are approx twice as much as income. That does not sound very sensible but perhaps there is an accounting reason for this.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The £60m figure seems high if you think In terms of regular contributions from people of working age. But does the figure include money left to the Watchtower Society by JWs who die? That's probably the single biggest area of growth for JW revenue. If a few wealthy JWs leave most of their money to the Watchtower each year including property that must be a good earner. It's also a perverse incentive for the Watchtower to alienate elderly JWs from their children as others have observed.

• Tallon
    Tallon

I'm in the Midland region

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

Liverpool

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit