They should show this 2 minute video about 1975 at the convention

by LevelThePlayingField 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LevelThePlayingField
  • John Davis
    John Davis

there is just a laptop behind the stage where the videos are played from. You wouldn't have to hack anything you would just have to get back there.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

That's what they said!

(And everybody developed a collective case of amnesia afterwards).

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Nicely done. Reminds me of some of the adults I was surrounded by at the time. I wonder where they all are today.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well done!

• Chook
    Chook

Beam this to the millions who won't taste death at all, it's a lovely video for the 2017 district convention. These idiots running Warwick could of forgot about the 75 fiasco, but instead rehash the story with the Orwellian twist so as to try and change history, yet honest hearted ones will see the lie and I guarantee some will leave due to this trying to change history, if they are willing to do this what are they willing to do with the bible during translation.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has exploited the public's basic belief in the bible for a long time, it was done so to commercialize literature which they published themselves..

Deceitful, corrupt, lying and cunning perhaps but hey its a publishing house , one shouldn't be overly surprised.

There are hundreds of religious charlatans operating in the United States.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

It will happen again to this generation. I mean ok, 75 was a big push that brought more into the org, but really every year is 75. Every year is advertised as the "soon, very soon" year that Armageddon is bound to happen ; so sacrifice your education, a marriage, having children, travel, buying a home, life insurance and pension plans, the holiday of a lifetime, time spent with loved ones or pursuing an interest or a sport ..... . Yes, every year is someone's 1975.

• sparky1
    sparky1

This video 'parody' is more truthful than the one presented at this years convention. I was a 20 year old Bethelite in 1975 and remember the 1975 fiasco very well. Watching this creative video, 'She'd Never Grow Old', brought a tear my eyes!

I salute you, Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. You will try and 'weasel' out of anything and present yourselves in the best possible light.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Some back then believed 1975 would be it, many didn't. Those who denied 1975 bragged how spiritual they were because "No man knows the day or hour" and "they" didn't believe it. Those who fell for it, fell hard. Most of those left because it was a fraud. Oddly enough, I think more who knew it was a falsehood left because they were critical thinkers and knew it was BS all along and saw how the GB treated those fools who were so easily persuaded. It was a shameful time for the cult. Now they continue the whitewash and its easier because new converts have no point of reference. They do have snappy music videos though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit