Disfellowshipping Sounds Wonderful to Me Now

by xjwsrock 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos
    Being DF'd is actually pretty good.

I really enjoy my freedom. I don't have to answer to anyone anymore.

I use that reasoning to remind the elders they are better off to keep me under control. it is in their interest.

• Londo111
    Londo111

It might sound fun, but it can hurt like nothing else, especially if the people being DFed has any sort of belief in the organization. Even for someone awake, the pain of shunning can be unbearable. I speak from experience on both fronts.

• kozmo
    kozmo

All of the above statements are true reflections of the Mindset from all angles to one's being DF'd. My most troubling part was still having Family, sons, in. I was a new grand father and my son lived down the street from me, 6 houses. he came down one day with my grandson, 6 months old, and in the course of the short discussion we had, he made the statement," There has to be punishment". Broke my heart and pissed me off at the same time. He ran home after my response..........This was 12 years ago. I was since re-instated and after a couple of years our relationship became very good. Of course, this was after I was able to have a rational conversation with him about his mother, my then Ex, and her Imperfections..................I have since drifted far away and moved far away from any of the jw's who knew me. I have a great relationship with both of my sons. One in, one out. Haven't been to meetings in 12 years and I live a WONDERFUL LIFE!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    It recently occurred to me that if I were DFed in a way that my loyal JW Mom nevertheless knew was unjust, it could work to me and my family's advantage.
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Vidiot... interesting point. I think from time to time about something similar happening for me.

If there is ever a child abuse case anywhere near me, I will jump on that like stank on poo. My wife would sympathize with the child immediately. I think these child cases "somewhere else" are a bit too abstract for my wife to see clearly. There is the little doubt about whether everyone is telling the truth or what have you. If she knew the child... it would be over. That's what I believe anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit