People in England were easiy convinced to believe....

by BoogerMan 15 Replies latest social current

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

....that a mass killer was roaming their streets.

Now theyre struggling to believe the grim reaper is not so grim and it's safe to go outside again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-52669441

• cofty
    cofty

Excess deaths in UK last month was 50,000 That's quite grim by any standard.

By the way England is not synonymous with the UK.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I agree that the excess deaths figure is alarming. An elderly relative in a care home in the midlands (with no excess deaths), mentioned to me that in his neighbouring care home for those with dementia and with one hundred occupants, at the last count 18 had died. Eight of them within 36 hours around the middle of last month. Since most of the staff have had to be isolated it puts enormous stress on the remaining few. Crisis times for the bereaved and those at the work-face of the pandemic.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Easily convinced? Or perceptive enough to realise the danger and react appropriately?

When you have friends very ill with it, and well known people die, and our own Prime Minister in intensive care, I don’t call it an over reaction to stay home. One thing though , a lot of us are cautious about letting go the safeguards too quickly.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ half banana - the weakest & most vulnerable were not protected, instead, the fit & healthy were put under house arrest. Absolute lunacy!

The "leaders" in Scotland, Wales, & N.I. will let the English test the waters for a week or two first, then just follow suit.

Again, the NHS is presently underwhelmed - but will be overwhelmed when the lockdown ends.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy0d6rtrqTc

We have treatments if the govts. will just let us use them. Let the local doctors decide instead of Big Pharma.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the main thing is to keep a safe distance from everybody. i pity those crammed into buses and trains just to get to work.

• BlackPuddingEater
    BlackPuddingEater

Safe distance, hand washing and no face touching, basic OCD behaviour If we could all be trusted with these three simple things we would have a controllable R number. We can't though. On the street, at work and in the shops people are making a pathetic protest against no one by showing how not bothered they are, flick those guys.

• mikronboy
    mikronboy

Just use common sense. It's a disease that's mainly transmitted from person to person, so keep your distance. I've become quite adept at growling ferociously at those who don't.

• cofty
    cofty
    the weakest & most vulnerable were not protected, instead, the fit & healthy were put under house arrest. Absolute lunacy! - Boogy

Yes the most vulnerable were protected. Thousands who were identified from medical records to be especially at risk received a letter from HM Gov telling them to remain totally isolated for 12 weeks pending further advice. Arrangements were made for their support.

I heard today that two thirds of care homes in England have had zero infections.

Everybody else was severely limited in order to slow down community transmission in order to protect the NHS AND to further protect the vulnerable. Now that R0 is below 1 - only just - and there is spare capacity in the NHS, restrictions are being gradually relaxed.

Not lunacy at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit