Finally "they" have reinstated me! that was easy!!!

by Prometheus 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

I am not shocked that someone would get reinstated. It is a means to an end in some cases.

I mean, why not?

Its not like the JWs have the truth or anything. It is just a series of hoops to jump thru in order to get a desired result (freedom of speech and the freedom to come and go as one pleases).

It is more of a manipulation of a broken archaic system than anything else.

Good for you Prometheus

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I believe the majority of JW's are tired and trying to live a normal life.

That is because none of them really believe the bullsh!t anymore. Yeah, they keep "one foot in the door" for the sake of "just in case" The Big A is closer than they think, and for the social aspect of it. They don't want to lose all their JW friends and family. And "where else would they go"?

Yep, they are all building new homes, having children, going on vacations, and faking their 10 hours/month. The greatest thing about the meetings is when they are over!

Doc

• oppostate
    oppostate
    it makes me sad that they're promoting college now.

That is certainly not the case. There was a meeting of the CO with elders with instructions that any elder with a son in college could lose their privilege of serving. And Gerrit Loesch's keynote talks at conventions were very clearly anti-college education.

• Zoos
    Zoos
    Prometheus, you sound like you got disfellowshipped / reinstated about the same time I did.

Turns out I got caught having sex with someone I wasn't supposed to, spent 20+ years exploring the details of that crime, and 5 years years convincing the powers-that-be... I was pure enough to be reinstated.

I was baptized in 1983, disfellowshipped in 1986, reinstated in 2009. It never occurred to me to examine the religion in the meantime. I was reinstated with the full belief that I was being acceptable to Jehovah. Boy was I wrong. I even had a testicular problem last year that caused me a long term problem and I had to have surgery on my scrotum in order to put aside a testicle problem that made me me stop for an entire season.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    In one of the recent WT Study articles, it was a comment of Jesus being King for 102 years! And I nearly say it loud: " so 1000 years of the Kingdom are down to 900 since Jesus rules from 1914. So He has less than 900 to bring mankind to perfection...."

I am afraid you don't understand the JW theology correctly. Jesus 1000 year reign does not begin until after the great tribulation has climaxed with Armageddon. It's a grand climax, remember? They have book on it, you should study up it's fascinating.

I have noticed you are not alone in this misunderstanding, it gets said often but it is not a fair representation of thier murky cesspool theology.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Hopefully I will follow the plan and in few months I will start to miss meetings, and become inactive again"

So much for the Elders "holy spirit" and their keen ability to read repentant hearts. What a joke!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

"Hopefully I will follow the plan and in few months I will start to miss meetings, and become inactive again"

Change congos, even into foreign language, and disappear.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    LaurenM12 hours agoWhy?? For family?...Also, it makes me sad that they're promoting college now. I turned down a full scholarship because of them.

Lauren who is saying that? College is more of a No No now than ever.

If you are a MS or Elder - it is unlikely you could keep your position if you kid went to college.

Many assembly parts talk against college.

JW Broadcasting parts have talked directly against college.

WT articles speak against college.

So I am not sure why you would think they are promoting college?

• LaurenM
    LaurenM

@ttdtt Because he said, "Most of Jw's children, and that includes elder's children as well, are seeking for higher education."

• Giordano
    Giordano

However re college there may be a difference between a local community (2 year ) school and a traditional away from home 4 year college.

The Society itself was calling for educated brothers and sisters (legal) to assist them as volunteers a while back. They continue to call for experienced tradesmen and professionals for their building projects.

For a while Bethel had a list with particular skill sets required for admission. My niece went to Community college and got an AA degree in radiology so she and her husband could live and work at Bethel.

The WTBT$ says one thing to the rank and file but another to the people they desperately need to actually help run their corporations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit