Finally "they" have reinstated me! that was easy!!!

by Prometheus 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Prometheus
    Prometheus

It was rather quick one. In just few months and after attending all of their meetings and giving them a nice show, I'm back to the Org!!! (what a relief-sarcastic laugh)

For someone who was out, more than 17 years it is quite a shocking experience. Nothing reminds me of the WT that I knew and grew up back in the 80's as a teenager and the 90's. The entire dogma changed, meetings changed, the songs changed. I was quite surprised to see WT going complete online and on the internet. While back in my days, internet was devil's tool, now WT is completely on line. You can download the magazines, books(for sure not the old ones from Russell/Rutherford era, or even Franz, since they now consist apostate material), Kingdom Ministry, or whatever is called now and the Bible, they even have TV!!!

I recall in my youth WT was focusing to create preachers with skills, now they suggest to have a tablet and show the message from WT's website to the people the meet in the preaching work. In the Ministry School (still remember the old names) there are now videos, cartoons, and video optical material...

Most of Jw's children, and that includes elder's children as well, are seeking for higher education.

I don't know what the future will be for the WT, but the quality of the meetings and comments, are so poor. Most of the JW's have no clue in regards of past teachings and failed prophesies, plus I believe the majority of JW's are tired and trying to live a normal life.

In one of the recent WT Study articles, it was a comment of Jesus being King for 102 years! And I nearly say it loud: " so 1000 years of the Kingdom are down to 900 since Jesus rules from 1914. So He has less than 900 to bring mankind to perfection...."

Hopefully I will follow the plan and in few months I will start to miss meetings, and become inactive again

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Congratulations? I guess I'm missing some background stroy.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Wow after 17 years what on earth made you want to go back to the cult?

• Saename
    Saename
    I don't know what the future will be for the WT, but the quality of the meetings and comments, are so poor.

Today, they mostly answer questions that are in their study material by reading from the paragraph. Sometimes they'll change a word or two. Nothing fancy. And certainly no thinking.

And I nearly say it loud: " so 1000 years of the Kingdom are down to 900 since Jesus rules from 1914.

This is a strange understanding. The Jehovah's Witnesses I know have always preached that the 1000-year reign will begin right after the Armageddon. That was always the understanding where I come from and where I live now―that is, Poland and Canada.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

How can you stomach it????

• Saename
    Saename
    Wow after 17 years what on earth made you want to go back to the cult?

Nothing. He just wanted to be reinstated in order to fade away without being disfellowshipped. He evidently does not want to be shunned by the JWs he knows.

By the way, this is quite ironic and silly. JWs will shun people who are disfellowshipped or disassociated, even if they are good people, but they will not shun those who are just inactive, even if they are much worse people than those who were disfellowshipped or disassociated.

• LaurenM
    LaurenM

Why?? For family?...Also, it makes me sad that they're promoting college now. I turned down a full scholarship because of them. And that was only three years ago! The stupid doctrine changes makes me sick!!

• Listener
    Listener

Sound like you were very lucky Prom. Have your Elders been to the latest convention? They talk about 12 months in the shunning saga.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

This type of story makes us apostates cry!!! Our blackmagic and upside down crosses have failed.

• Saename
    Saename
    LaurenM - Also, it makes me sad that they're promoting college now.

They're not. At least not where I live.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit