While the cult of JW asks kids for Ice Cream money......

by mickbobcat 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

LH Gal - you are bullseye perfect. The elder pimps were always hitting me up for a lazy pioneer and her con-artist husband who had at least 5 degrees (pathological liar) who also lived off his mommy. The disadvantaged people in the cult were never helped and weren't in the in-crowd. It was 'splained the nucleus (the in-crowd gang) was the spiritual strength of the congregation - made me ill.

There were some very kind, decent, elders (from what I could tell) that did not do this and weren't in agreement to subsidizing these bums -- or so I heard.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Fair enough their has been individuals in the congregations that have done so but never the organization of the WTB&TS / Jehovah`s Witnesses.

As I balanced out the financial records of my deceased parents I found that they had over the years personally given, anonymously, over $200,000.00 cash to other people, both JW's and ones who were not. In addition they paid for funerals, weddings, hospital surgeries, and much more with direct payments to the providers of those services.

When their health began to fail they were ridiculed by the JW's as "stupid" because they both fell prey to dementia and then soft shunned because they no longer contributed $$$$ or time to the org.

Previous comments I made about them are in other threads here, but as I have said to a number of people, "If I were twice the man I grew up to be, I would still be only half the man my father was." My mother was every bit the perfect complement with him. They were CHRISTians in the truest sense of the word, not just by the religion they belonged to.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Hi LV!!!

Yes, isn’t it something?? I know what you mean about ‘lazy’ types. I observed this. And I wasn’t swayed by any flowery talk of spirituality. I certainly wasn’t impressed by the ‘pioneer’ label.

Back in the day when I was in I was on the fringes of the congregation - knocked for having a full-time job!..I’m grateful for it now as I am Retired. I guess you could say I wasn’t in the ‘nucleus’ 🙄 in the congregation!

While I would never presume to tell somebody else they shouldn’t give, I had No intention of giving anything to anybody there who didn’t want to work. Nope..Not after I was criticized and shunned for my job and labeled as ‘not spiritual’!.. I hope these ‘spiritual’ types can support themselves NOW..If not, they better go ask their ‘spiritual’ friends for money.

Thankfully, I’m Out many years and I would never tolerate being a target. They are desperate nowadays for responsible people to hit up like ATM machines. I would end up telling somebody off…They would hate me yet again..which is alright with me.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I would end up telling somebody off…They would hate me yet again..which is alright with me.

LHG, I do that pretty regularly nowadays. And they do not hate me again. They would have to stop hating me in the first place to hate me again. And that's perfectly fine with me too.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUPJW:

Yes, they hated me and I couldn’t care less. Would their ‘love’ be $upporting me Now if I were gullible enough to quit my job back then?…I would be so screwed it wouldn’t be funny.

I’m really sorry for what happened to your parents especially after their generosity because nobody I know does what they did. They were one in a million. And for what? Ingrates and people who forgot them in a minute?

As I said in my post, I would never presume to tell somebody else they should not give. But, I sure as hell wasn’t giving to anybody so they could leisurely ring doorbells, go on coffee breaks and special gatherings where they knock responsible people like me for working for a living!..It was as though they were some kind of ‘clergy class’ within the religion who claimed it had No clergy class.. I couldn’t stand their hypocrisy.

It was a happy thing I did my ‘Fade’ twenty years ago. I just should have done it a decade sooner..Now, I can hardly believe what the JW religion has become and I am Glad I am nowhere near all these needy grasping people asking for money. I would actually run from them.

It’s not my problem they are in their present predicament. They were by choice on the fringes of the workforce - and back in a better economy when jobs were plentiful!..They were conned into believing they didn’t need a decent job to plan for their Retirement because ‘Armageddon’ would be here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit