If You Were Invited To A Judicial Committee How Did It Go??

by minimus 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• minimus
    minimus

Enough is enough. No one wants to be screwed over. Elders will try to bluff you but if you call their bluff they often fold

• Ding
    Ding

I have a friend who left the borg and threatened the elders with a lawsuit if they took any action against him or his family.

They didn't nothing and let them all walk away.

I don't say all elder boards would do that, but I think a lot of them would.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

The elders tried to get my youngest sister into a JD meeting. I remember her calling me and she was quite nervous about the whole thing. I told her you don't have to go if you don't want to because the elders don't have any power over her. The ironic part was she had already sent in her DA letter about a year or so before that. She had to move back home with mom, and it was mom who was pushing the whole thing.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Mine was last night, I didn't go and told the elders who showed up at my house it would be futile because if I don't repent of whatever "sin" they say I committed, then the result would be the same as if I didn't go. They said they were just doing their "due diligence" by showing up at my door and inviting me.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I did go to one when I was 10. I was excited to get to be in the newspaper during school, but unfortunately it featured us kids stapling a construction paper Christmas tree. Well I guess the elders saw it and the Monday night book study came and I raised my hand to answer, like usual, and I wasn't picked. Well, then I started raising my hand for every paragraph and wasn't called on. Then the guy next to me told me to stand up, that maybe he couldn't see me. So, with tears I stood up in these people's living room with my hand raised and still didn't get to answer, with no explanation. By Wednesday, I had my judicial meeting and apparently I couldn't answer for 6 months. But by that time, I decided that I didn't want to ever answer again. That was cruel and it was spiritual abuse. But, I am thankful because it made me check out. I did get over it and got baptized years later, but I was terrified of the "back room" I always experienced rejection by members and my family because that incident when I was 10 and my dysfunctional family life prevented me from accepting the religion all the way. I never did enough to be accepted and didn't want to. I always hung out with the guys who were the most worldly in the hall. I got to escape when I was 19. Now I am disfellowshipped as of last night (20 years after leaving) and am kind of happy, despite my family shunning me. I have other family and friends!

• minimus
    minimus

Child abuse of a 10-year-old. How terrible!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit