Will Lawyers Eventually Usurp Absolute Control Over The JW Religion ?

by smiddy3 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

Legal and financial experts -- CPA firms w/retainers like law firms 24/7 along with real estate consulting firms - all full time in addition to in-house JW minion professionals,

• dozy
    dozy

JW isn't really a religion anyway in the strictest sense of the term - it never really has been. It was a publishing organisation and now , increasingly , is a real estate development organisation. Publishers are just unpaid MLM promoters but that goes right to the top - "victims of victims" as Ray Franz said. The sole purpose is to sustain the Organisation.

So lawyers and accountants run the show , basically - and as a result long held beliefs , doctrines and practices are quickly dumped or changed when needed ( think of when the Society stopped selling literature or dropped the book study , for example. )

Russell & Knorr were businessmen and ran it as such - Rutherford was a lawyer and had ultimate power. The governing system has changed somewhat but essentially, nothing has really changed.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Remember the β€œHistoric” Annual meeting when Sam Herd could barely force himself to present the information he was assigned?? LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! 😈😈😈

He was definitely reading what his handlers told him to read. All legal and financial and what-not...

Am I evil because thinking back on that makes my laugh?? πŸ€”πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

DD 🍺

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Legal guys, Financial guys and then the Writing Dept, that is the pecking order with the G.B just as figure heads, doing what they are told, and saying what they are told.

A number of the experts they use are not actual JW's.

Makes you wonder what the Holy Spirit has to do to cut through all this and get a message to the G.B. Mind you, if that ever happened, (impossible hypothesis I know), the G.B would have to run it by Legal,Financial and Writing, and by then it would be rejected as too inflammatory.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Can anyone ever replace the Faithful and Discrete Slave appointed in 1919 without a coup?

• LV101
    LV101

The real "experts" retained by the cult are professionals of the 'world'. I realize they have members on board who were professionals in the real world but these aren't their 'A Team' in every field.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Great comments everyone ,Publishing ? not so much anymore ,Real Estate and Legals seem to be more of the go nowadays .

I should also make mention of the scams taking place involving KH `s ,building with volunteer labor ,owned and then sold by WT.....,congregations donating equivalent funds to the organization even after they have paid for there KH ? And their are a few more that I cant think of at the top of my head at the moment

And branding their religion with the blue logo JW.ORG to get all of the answers to your simple thought provoking questions that the average JW cant answer .

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

The company has indeed been taken over, the gb2 guys are front men for those that are handling the society. The lawyers and marketing and investment firms are the movers and shakers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit