why would God and Jesus hate the united nations?

by nowwhat? 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Half banana
    Half banana

Because the United Nation's aim is to maintain peace by secular cooperation and if they were to prove to be successful the Watchtower claims and status would be diminished since it tells the world (rather feebly) that it alone has a magical solution.

In a religious cult it is a good thing to have 'goodies' and 'baddies' then the tiny minds of the believers know who to cheer and who to boo. Visible enemies make your spritual cause seem more real.

God and Jesus are constructs of the human imagination and therefore cannot hate or love.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Blondie, you wrote:

The Christian religions of the day of that first organization declared it God's kingdom on earth...setting it up as a rival to the Messianic kingdom the WTS said was established in 1914.

Even this is false. Not all Christian religions! On this thread

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5442474222813184/who-wondered-admiringly-league-nations-fulfill-revelation-17-8

you can read a comment from Gilgamesj (bold is mine), which explains:

That thread points out that the most serious problem with the Watch Tower’s claim is that the WTS doesn’t seem to realize or admit that this publication of the Federal Council of Churches of Christ was speaking about what the League “should be” not what it was. They were speaking of an “ideal.” They were not promoting “worship” any more than the Watchtower itself was in the article they published the following month with similar sentiments. Also, this declaration about the proposed League only represented a small number of Protestant churches although it was presented as representing all of Christendom, Protestant and Catholic. The statement itself was evidently an invention of the executive committee of the FCCC.

The WT cult is sooooo dangerous. They simply cannot be trusted when citing sources to back up their claims!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

nowwhat - "why would God and Jesus hate the united nations?"

Better track record? (not that that's saying much) :smirk:

Seriously, though, much of the UN's original charter was drafted by Europeans with Soviet connections, and back when Fred Franz was crafting the WTS's eschatology, there was...

a) ...significant suspicion of said charter (and thusly the UN itself) by right-wing Americans, and...

b) ...a lot more cross-pollinization of ideas between Christian (and secular) apocalyptic groups...

...both of which couldn't help but influence Franz's writing.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Cuz the UN is trampling on Dogs turf! He is the only one who will bring peace to the world!

And he is gonna Kill 7 Billion people to prove it!

Mic drop.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Of-course that line of reasoning doesn't take into account that the deck has been stacked against mankind by confining Satan and his demons to the vicinity of the earth to perpetrate all kinds of evil disrupting any honest effort.

It truly is amazing that this goes unnoticed. It's a great point. I mean it's almost like a parent telling a kid that he must be good and try to do the right thing, and then inviting a drug dealer and also a gang banger to come stay at the house during the kid's teenage years.

What f*cked up God would do something like this?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Actually the JWs back in the day thought many of the prophecies would directly effect the Jews and the country of Israel, so when Rutherford saw UN troops in Israel back in 1948 he thought that was part of the fulfillment of some of The prophecies. They have been anti UN ever since.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Jehovah: I be damn, they are trying to unite down there I can't have that. Where is Satan, call

him and tell him I have a assignment for him..I will bring peace on earth when I say so. This

UN thing will not take any credit in peace on earth, not in my life time.

I would hate to sit down in a game of poker with God and he deals the cards....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit