how do spouse's treat their partners if they leave the cult?

by mickbobcat 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Our entire life was the religion. We had given everything up for it. When I finally faced my doubts and stopped altogether I did not force anything on her. It was crushing and confusing to her. We really didn't know how to navigate the new dynamic and separated. Ironically it was in part due to the hostility others had toward me that shook her enough to examine her own feelings. She had also buried doubts. She came to me asked for why I had left, couple hours later she resolved to never go back. The important thing was she was prepared to make the change.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

My wife after my being inactive 3 years and irregular 7 has somewhat accepted my beliefs or lack of. When Im staying with her family in the philippines I will at times attend a meeting. But the good news is I see in the younger generation of my neices the streak of rebellion. If only someone would write a book for. Jws to show them the bible is not God's word.... Oh wait. That's what I'm doing 😂😜 for them

Ny wife and I have a good relationship outside jws. I told my wife I'm learning tai chi over Internet in morning and. She accepted it

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My wife and 2 boys managed to leave within a few years of each other due to various circumstances.

As did a couple of others in the extended family.

Out of about 8 only one niece is still in it.

And not being Judgeable ,but both her teenage boys seem to be a bit effeminate ,so I will just wait and see what develops on that front.

I will be there to support them if it ever came to that and they needed me.

We were one of the lucky ones.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

My wife and I got a divorce. Oh, but this religion unites families, right?!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My wife eventually "saw the light" (NOT the New Light) and the entire family is "out".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit