How do JW feel about CBD?

by Iamallcool 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I am not so sure if I am willing to discuss CBD with my JW Aunt.

• Simon
    Simon

It's just a naturally growing medicine. Not the bit that makes you go mental and write groovy music.

• hoser
    hoser

It’s supposed to be a really good pain killer. How do jws feel about aspirin or Tylenol?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I do not know since CDB is a relatively knew thing and I have not been a JW for over a decade. It wouldn't surprise me to hear some typical Watchtower talk about how "It's not whether Jehovah approves or disapproves, but it's about whether or not you stumble your fellow brother." This is hypocritical word salad for "drugs are bad. M'kay?"

Think of all the JWs past, future, and present regularly washing down their prescription opioids with a beer. That's ok because one is from a doctor and the other is alright in "moderation". However, anything to do with the Devil's Lettuce (Marijuana) is a form of spiritism (pharmekia in Greek New Testament).

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

They're fine with it if you've got a prescription. Then again, I've never heard of any elder asking to see proof of prescription.

JWs are against the use of recreational drugs (except alcohol) and abuse of medicinal drugs.

• jhine
    jhine

Here in the UK you can buy CBD and it's considered very safe and effective for pain relief .

I know someone who sells it and she says that she has all sorts of buyers , even a policeman.

Jan

• Justaguy
    Justaguy

CBD does not have any thc, or undetectable levels thereof. Its a non issue.

Medicinal mary jane has been accepted.

Recreational J’s are a still a no no, although how thats different that knocking back a few shots the lords whiskey is beyond me.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

2021-April-Elders Manual-15.4

If a medical doctor authorizes and/or prescribes marijuana
    for a medical problem, a Christian may choose to make use
    of this form of treatment. Although no judicial action would be
    taken, if an issue arises in the congregation, the elders will
    need to determine whether the individual can be viewed as
    exemplary.

Atlantis!
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Atlantis. Thanks for the info.

You can always count on the GB (P1ss be upon them), for a negative review.

So, basically, the answer, as always with the GB is, 'NO!' with few options.

I bet if those sexual predator protectors got money from CBD, it'd be a , 'yes'.

What a bunch of totalitarian schnooks the GB are.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

punkofnice:

What a bunch of totalitarian schnooks the GB are.

punk doesn't waste any words to get the main point across!

Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit