NEW BLOOD CARD w/ FORCED COMPLIANCE also LEGALISM

by apocalypse 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

Don't sign it. Don't carry it. Don't let JW family make health decisions for you. Lie, deceive, do what ya gotta, but just don't let this card/form in your life.

When I explained my situation to my doctor (family still in, me out) - that I would be pressured to refuse blood by my JW wife, he said, 'if your wife won't support you in a life saving procedure, maybe you need a new wife'. Not a great bedside manner, but it demonstrated just how insane this doctrine really is.

Another occasion during an emergency, the ER staff was prepping me for a possible blood transfusion, if things took a turn for the worse. A JW family member tried to intervene and play the blood ban card (not the literal card, just a metaphor). They were removed from the room, the ER head nurse said to me, 'you are the patient. You are of sound mind. Do you wish us to use every means at our disposal to help you? We will abide by your decision and will ignore any further input from family. Please decide now.'

I think most medical staffs are onto the WTS' tricks, and realize that most JWs are being coerced, either directly thru the HLC or JW family, and are finding ways to let the patient, when possible, make decisions on their own. Of course, this doesn't help children, or people unconscious (or people who signed a card when they shouldn't have), and will remain a life threatening issue with this religion as long as they hold to this murderous policy.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

The GB is really getting intrusive in this whole blood thing aren't they. Saying that the liaison committee can have access to all your "relevant" medical records is really something. I can't believe I just read that. I think what I'm going to do is just have mine signed and copies to everyone, the whole nine yards and then tear my personal one up, and then if I ever have to go to the hospital, talk to the doctors one on one and let them know how I feel.

I mean, that document is completely useless until you can't speak for yourself anyways, and my wife was hounding me about it the other day asking where's mine. And if it comes down to it and I'm confronted with the issue then I will just stand up to everyone and tell them, Hey, I don't believe in the blood doctrine, sorry. And I can cross that bridge when I get there.

edit- actually I will just have it signed and then tell everyone I will get copies to them and the secretary but then never do. I will just keep my copy of it and leave it at that. If I'm hounded and hounded about it, then I will do it. But maybe, just maybe, I won't be bothered with it, and I will be the only one with a copy of it, well me and my wife that is.

• paladin1
    paladin1
    I tossed my card out back in 2010 and will not have one. If I am cornered and forced to sign a card, I will refuse. If the elders want to DF me and that will be okay.
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@KateWild,

Check your local laws. In many countries children from age 12 can weigh in on decisions regarding their own medical treatment. Watchtower corp makes sure parents know this and prep their kids according to JW policy.

I know your situation is quite hard and (if I remember correctly) you might not be able to talk freely to your son about this, but in case any issue arise it may be good that you know the law so you can ask a surgeon or judge to talk to your son privately and make sure his decision is taken into account.

Take care...

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

JW Rogue and Level-- hate to burst your bubble...

Most elders rooms have a copy machine/ printer. 4 years ago, the elders in our cong hounded every last baptized person and insisted on making a copy right then and there at the KH. If a person didn't have their card in their wallet to photocopy, they handed them a new card on the spot and told to fill it out "right now" and then made a copy right then. This happened to us and we didn't stand up to them so they have a copy of the previous doc on file at the KH. UGH!! They were definitely signed under duress or at least extreme coercion.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField 3 days ago
    rebel - good point. That's right, giving your blood card to the elders, technically goes against HIPPA.

Sorry for the confusion--that was not my point. HIPAA only regulates entities that electronically exchange health information, like doctors and insurance companies. The patient is always free to do whatever she wishes with her own info. There is no violation of any law when a person gives clergy her own medical information.

My point is the language on the blood card does not authorize or compel health care providers to release medical records to elders. It is not worded properly for that purpose.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Couldn't you also create a newer DPA with two non-witnesses and that would supersede any other DPA? Then you could give it to your Doctor, the Elders wouldn't need to know anything about it.
  • nugget
    nugget

I bet this is what my Mum signed. Hard hearted cult that is happy to kill off members for publicity.

The difference is more around making sure that other people are in a position to police the directive taking away all power from the individual or family members to change their mind and to give the cult the permission to walk into your hospital room and take charge. That is the scary part.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Well it looks like they will finally be catching up with me, because I ain't handing in that document to the secretary. Brilliant thread by the way.
  • flipper
    flipper

I would STRONGLY suggest to any of you who are ex-JW's or even inactive JW's living with a believing JW mate- to go to your doctor and take the time to get your medical records changed so that you can receive life saving blood transfusions if you so need them in the future.

It seems the WT leaders are getting even MORE intrusive in not honoring personal boundaries even for life saving health concerns. If you live in a household with a believing JW and they are on your medical contact to make decisions for you in the case of a medical emergency - you cannot be assured that they'll advocate for you and they may demand of the doctors to refuse to give you blood !

After I had stopped attending in 2003 , a few years later in 2006 I totally changed the contact people on my medical directives to my wife Mrs. Flipper, my son Flipper Jr. and my wife's non-JW parents. All these people are non-JW's and are SANE enough to insist I be given life saving blood transfusions in the case of emergencies. I made these changes with my doctor present and signed the necessary legal forms and medical forms my doctor provided.

If I had not done this - there is no telling what my extended JW family would attempt to do in the case of a life threatening emergency to me. It's best to prepare legally beforehand, ahead of time - where there is no doubt who is in control - YOU ! Don't just assume your JW relatives are going to honor your wishes if you are inactive or stopped attending meetings. Especially if you live with a JW still who may feel they have control over your life ! O.K. I'm done. Think I got the message across

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit