NEW BLOOD CARD w/ FORCED COMPLIANCE also LEGALISM

by apocalypse 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• suavojr
    suavojr

It all depends in what type of elders each congo has. In my congo they mentioned it once from the platform but they are too busy to chase people around, also the elders in my congo have the belief that each Jdub should be responsible enough when it comes to this topic. If they find out someone uses blood, they simply dissfellowship.

• Scully
    Scully

The intrusiveness of these legally binding documents is *mind-boggling*.

What are they going to do next? Force everyone to write their Last Will & Testament, ensuring that their assets go to the WTS, and then require that a copy of the Will is filed with the local Elders™?

It occurs to me though, that while the Congregation™, the Elders™ and the WTS insist that you do as they say, you always have the option to take it to a notary or lawyer afterward and have a codicil attached to it, which you would NOT have to file with WT troglodytes. Such a document would explain that the AMD document was signed under duress, and that it is not valid; it would relinquish any authority previously given to Elders™ or other WTS agents to act on your behalf, and allow a person of your own choosing to authorize medical treatments that are necessary to save your life in the event that you are incapacitated.

Or you could just run that sucker through the shredder - photocopies of documents are generally not legally binding.

A note to anyone who has been previously hospitalized and has declared their JW status upon admission to hospital: your JW status will remain on record in your hospital file until such time as you go to someone in the admitting department and ask them to REMOVE the JW notation from your hospital records. This will prevent any Elders™ assigned to "pastoral service" at the hospital from going to the records department (where they will ask for a print-out of JW patients currently in hospital) and finding you when you really don't want to be found by them. It's important to do this well before there is an emergency. Don't put off doing this, please.

This happens. It happened to me - I was visited by an Elder™ who didn't know me from a hole in the ground (nor did I know him) and he admitted that he received my name and whereabouts directly as a result of his being vetted by the hospital for pastoral care of JW patients. When I worked at the hospital, I saw JW Elders™ with lists of patients to visit, obtained through the pastoral care office. Granted, medical information was not provided, but they show up to your hospital room unannounced, uninvited, and if you're getting an infusion of packed red blood cells they're certainly not welcome.

Just get that little detail removed from your hospital records. Don't leave breadcrumbs for them to follow.

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

I started this thread because of one thing. The fact that they do not have any room for fractions.

Now there's a lot of other stuff to talk about with regard to this new card, and I am glad to see that many picked up on it. That said, I was particularly peeved that there is no mention of fractions and no place to write it down.

A while back, I had a brother, who was serving alongside me, and his wife sit at my dinner table. Blood was brought up and I said something to the effect of "the Society is encouraging us to use blood products". Brother hard-line took it like you would expect. He went straight to the body and called me out.

So, I got hauled in before two elders and had to answer for what was said. One elder, whom I have known a long time and had no trouble working with, sat without a word. The other was a Society man to the core, but I backed him down hard. I recorded the entire meeting.

Nothing came of it. However, the point is, the WTS is encouraging the use of fractions galore and I say this because this new document goes past even what they have done prior to this. The new document assumes that you take all fractions except the specific things mentioned on the card.

The section where you can write things down is for "other medical conditions", not for your acceptance or denial of some fractions.

The WTS WANTS YOU TO TAKE EVERYTHING to limit the deaths.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If Watchtower wants to limit lawsuits and allows just about any fractions, then they also probably will not soon have any hardcore demands that every last JW is checked off a list of those who signed and turned in a copy.

People who missed out won't be able to sue WT so why should they care?

But some hardcore elders might still think this is a matter of everlasting life and death and be real ash hats about this.

Even if someone feels pressured to sign their stuff and give them a copy, you can get a new medical directive signed after you walk out and have it notarized or whatever. Then carry that one. But you should just be able to say "My decisions are a private matter and i will take care of it." Then don't give any copies to the elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit