How many hours of field service are now required?

by new boy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

To be a publisher?

An auxiliary Pioneer?

An regular Pioneer?

I already know it takes 13,880 hours of field service to make one new convert.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Hmm...how many hours of field service are now required? Just a few more than anyone puts in.

• waton
    waton

senile seniors: 15 minutes. 1/4 hour .The field is the your [small] world.

• blondie
    blondie

Officially for publishers (not elderly) 1 hour a month to stay active

50 hours for auxiliary pioneers a month

70 hours for regular pioneers a month

Unofficially, MS and elders are expected to maintain a 10 hour a month average, though many MS and elders after being appointed drop down to 8 or less.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Here in Oz there is a "provision" for auxiliary pioneers to do 30 hrs for "special campaigns" and circuit overseers visits. In addition to what blondie outlined.

Oh and for regular pioneers the annual total should be 840 so some months can be less and others need to be more. However, If they are elder related and they miss their annual target they are still held in good esteem.

jtg

• alanv
    alanv

I remember when i was a mini servant, two elders gave me a home call to get me to put an hour in each week for giving my son a bible study. I didnt see the need to do that. Mainly because it wasnt regular lol

• sir82
    sir82

Blondie is correct, but also there are a few times a year when there is a "special provision" and you only need 30 hours to be counted as an auxiliary pioneer.

In particular, March & April ("Memorial season") plus the months when the CO visits.

If the CO visit touches on 2 separate calendar months, you can do 30 hours in either or both. If the CO visit is in March or April, then that is one less 30-hour opportunity for that year.

All told, you can be a 30 hour AP for 3 to 6 months a year, depending on how the CO visits line up.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when i was a teenage regular pioneer the monthly requirement was 100 hours.

you have to laugh--a regular pioneer is an unpaid volunteer--yet is expected to reach certain targets,

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

This is from the 60's and one hung at the front of every KH. It measured about 4 feet by 3 feet.The quotas are at the top and bottom, in red.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

/\ /\

so they were good at selling magazines but rubbish at bible studies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit