The Stupidity of the "Preaching Work" ...

by Muddy Waters 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bardamu
    Bardamu

this paradox always made me laugh.

knock knock, you open the door and say no like 95% of em ? oops too bad you're condemned now, hope you'll grab your next chance if you have time.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

I was with my husband the other day who is still in and fully convinced, we saw two sisters strolling along the promenade with tracts folders in hand but deep in conversation with eachother, I said "well they clearly have an urgent message don't they?". Where I am the preaching work is such a waste of time, a 'searching' for foreign language speakers, spending ages trying to find an address which is not at home, wandering around in circles, finishing ASAP to get coffee. The ironic thing is at the next assembly they'll say "we're in the last minutes of the last hours of the last days" and all the dubs nod and agree, "it can't go on much longer".

On a shepherding call to 'encourage' me, I brought up how many people haven't had a true opportunity to hear & understand the message, an elder got quite exasperated with me and said a that people in frequently worked territory have had 'plenty of chances'. Rubbish! I agree with jookbeard, the vast majority of people haven't a clue what JWs believe accept no blood, no celebrations and some weird magazines offered on a Saturday morning. That's a JW survey I would love to see done and well publicized, how many people in these so called 'well worked territories', actually understand the JWs preach Armageddon is coming? Very few, I am sure. But of course they are deserving of eternal destruction.....what a complete load of crap.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    The preaching work is a waste of time from the JW point of view anyway because if bigJ knows the heart why don't they just stop preaching and the 'end will come'. The longer God waits the more people are going to be born that need preaching to. It's nonsense.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Shortly after I stopped going to Meetings, a M.S stopped by to "encourage" me to take up the cudgels again.

On the subject of F.S, and Big J's judging people on their reaction to the "message", I pointed out to him that it would be far better, as soon as the Householder answered the door, to shoot them in the head, that way they would be assured of a resurrection.

Cue Deer in Headlights Look.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I often think that the door-to-door work was so successful in the 50s because pretty much everything was sold door-to-door back in those days...

...and that the WTS convinced itself that its success was due to "God's Blessing", rather than simply being good at something a lot of other groups were also doing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit