Letter # 2 to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses

by WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM
    WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM

Hi Everyone,

Just sent this letter off to the Governing Body. I also sent a copy to the Britain branch.

The Governing Body

Service department of Jehovah’s Witnesses

2821 Route 22

Patterson

New York

2/06/2016

Dear Brothers,

Could I request that you send me a segment of your policy on Disfellowshipping. My email address is: jm…………………………

The reason for my request is with regards to the recent watchtower study article in April of this year entitled ‘learn from Jehovah’s Loyal Servants’.

I was alarmed at some of the content to be honest. I found paragraph 7 both vague on the one hand and extreme on the other. Vague, in that it didn’t specify what exactly Anne’s mother had done to merit being cut off from her own daughter ‘Anne’; and extreme in the fact that you acknowledge her example of have nothing more to do with her own mother as commendable; which could even mean shunning her for the rest of her life if my understanding is correct.

I also found this article contradictory. You portray Taro’s family in paragraph 17 as being harsh and unreasonable by forbidding him to visit their home for years, ‘cutting’ him off so to speak, simply for the fact that he chose to join another religious faith group –Jehovah’s Witnesses. Can’t you see the contradiction?

In 1 Corinthians 5:11, it says that a person was to limit their association with any brother/sister who was sexually immoral, greedy, an idolater, a slanderer, a drunkard, a swindler? In my mind, if my own mother was doing some of the above, I would naturally ‘limit’ my association ‘to a degree’ with her as such a person could have a negative influence over my family. However, in saying that, as a Christian, I would still maintain contact with ‘my own mother’ ‘within reason’ to try and help her see the error of her ways. I would still show Christian love to ‘my own mother’.

I am sorry to say this, but your apparent promotion of shunning of family members as depicted in this Watchtower article comes across as anything but Christian. What’s more, Watchtower articles like this, are causing me more and more to now view myself as a member of a ‘high control American religion’, as opposed to a Christian faith group.

As a member of the Watchtower bible and tract society, as a current baptised Jehovah’s Witness, I am well within my rights to know exactly what your policy is on disfellowshipping! If I, as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses am expected to go to such extremes as cutting my own mother off (or any other brother/sister for that matter), possibly for the rest of my life if required, I want to know exactly the kind of things YOU as the sole channel between God and man ‘claim’ to be worthy of such treatment.

So again, could I please ask that you send me a segment of your disfellowshipping policy to see what you as an organisation constitute as disfellowshipping offences that merit a person being cut off from their family.

I look very forward to your reply

Brother J M

Witness for Watchtower reform

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And you will be in the back room faster than you can blink....

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Brilliant , it's about time the Governing Body were made to explain their ill thought out policies. They need to be held more accountable for their stupid advice.If only more rank and file members followed your example instead of sitting on their hands and nodding in a gormless manner.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I hope you get a response. Keep us informed if you do.

Why do I think the WBT$ goons that recieve your letter will do this?----------------

Image result for apostate literature jehovah's witnesses

• sir82
    sir82

Admire your spirit, but as dozens of members on this forum have told you hundreds of times....

Your letters are read by the lowest of low-level lackeys in the mail room. As soon as they see it is "apostate", they check for your name & congregation number so they can tell on you to your elders. Once done, the letter is trashed.

None of your letters gets to within 500 meters of a GB member.

• carla
    carla

You need this letter to be published for the public to see and to have them see that the wt will not answer your questions. Perhaps the religious page of your paper? or send to other media outlets? Reddit? (don't go there myself but...) yahoo questions?

• fulano
    fulano

They will send this letter to the closest congregation where you live and the local elders will take care of you. How many times must this be said?????

Save you money on stamps and hand it over the local elders directly!

• zeb
    zeb

WFWR.

go back about three pages and read my posting on shunning.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The poster's name is Witness-For-Watchtower-Reform they joined us 30 days ago. And since then they have been consistent with their chosen name.

I'd like to congratulate this person on taking the time to create a well reasoned response to the April Watchtower article on shunning.

Maybe only that 'low level lackey' will read it......perhaps he or she will pass it around and someone will reconsider the WTBTS position on extreme shunning.

Perhaps lurker's who are visiting this site will begin to see that the extreme shunning policy is totally wrong that it's application has far more to do with WT obedience and control then anything to do with the Christian spirit that Jesus encouraged.

For those of you who disparage the attempt to bring some sanity to how the WT really treats their followers..........perhaps you should think again.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

No one will contact him. And he will not get a response. He provided and email address.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit