The Elders want to meet with me and the hubby... Lol lol lol

by Sevan 29 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And yet they have the hide to say that they are not "spiritual policeman " !

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

No matter how much you get tempted.... Do not go. It is a game. They own the rules, you can't win. They want to cut off your family and friends and ALL you have to do is turn up.

Just tell them your spirituality is personal and you don't wish to talk about it with anyone else right now.

Don't be tempted by nice, friendly, non-threatening requests to meet. They can give you spiritual help over a phone or via a letter or on their own, an individual, in your home.

Whatever they ask you, say you would prefer not to say as its personal. This way you keep your family/friends and it doesn't make things difficult... WELCOME TO OUR RULEBOOK 😏

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

My apologies Snare&Racket, I tried to select the "like" button but mistakenly selected "dislike".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I think you have an answer for them:

[YOU] have never helped me when I have been in need. Never visited me when in the hospital, never helped me move, never helped me with family issues, never visited me or even called me when I missed meetings for several months one year, never helped me when I was out of work and had no money (my "worldly" family did thank you very much), etc, etc. And in the last 20 years, [YOU] have never called on me for a shepherding visit that I did not specifically ask for. I think I have had a total of 4 shepherding visits in the last two decades, all at my request.
    I am fine, thanks but no thanks.

...or shorten that to almost nothing and enjoy the day, forget about them.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Ahhh don't worry I sincerely hadn't even noticed the like/dislike addition

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Good advice above. These guys (Elders) have NEVER done anything for you. You owe them NOTHING. Don't play their game.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Good stuff loving it right on for having a backbone Sevan, best wishes !!

• smiddy
    smiddy

You have balls Sevan , don`t take any crap from these big fish in a small pond , you do not owe them anything.

They have no control over you unless you give it to them , but you already know that , right ?

I think it`s a pity your husband hasn`t supported you more strongly enough , worrying more about his relationship with family members who support this cult. That`s sad .

He should be worrying about his relationship with his wife above everyone else and supporting her , and not the cult.

I hope it all works out for you in your favour

take care

smiddy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Remind them that there is a thing called "Appropriate Boundaries", and they are bullying and harassing you while crossing those boundaries....

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Least said, soonest mended!

Your "friend's" testimony counts for nothing! The elders need two witnesses, and they're relying on you to admit what you said to her.

So to save giving grief to yourself, your husband & his family, insist on being told what the purpose of the meeting is about.

When they reveal it's concerning your private conversation with one person, thank them for their concern, but tell them that you would never discuss with anyone, things which may or may not have been said in a confidential conversation! Ask them why they didn't tell Sister Righteous to apply Matthew 5:23,24 & Matthew 18:15.

If they do not have two witnesses, they are dead in the water - and they know it. All the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit