The Elders want to meet with me and the hubby... Lol lol lol

by Sevan 29 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

@The Searcher

Glad to hear from you again! Please pop in more often.

@Sevan

The Searcher knows what he is talking about and the advice he gives is spot on. In my past life I have - now to my embarrassment - been on scores of judicial committees (including an appeal committee or two). I have also been involved in a "special investigation" where the Branch sends a committee of chosen lackeys to investigate a cross-congregation or district situation.

Two witnesses or an admission is their key to all that flows from it. Do exactly as he says and calmly stick to your guns. Do not lose your temper or you may blurt out home truths about them and their organisation but which might also incriminate you in their eyes and procedures.

Good luck!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Great advice searcher and freddo. Keep calm, Stick to your guns. Referencing Matt 5:23,24 & Matt 18:15 is excellent advice. You are under no obligation to divulge anything to them but they will try and make you admit to something so the less you say the better.

• skin
    skin

They only what the answer to this one question from you. "Do you still believe that the governing body is God's sole spirit directed organization?" Your answer to this question is all that they are interested in.

• Sevan
    Sevan

Thanks guys for all the good advice.

I'm annoyed with my friend for not just talking to me. But that is pretty typical. JWs are so afraid of losing their shaky faith that they can't bear to actually face any opposing ideas. Plus the organization encourages a spy/snitch culture.

But I'm pissed off as all get out at the elders for calling me over and over and harassing me to meet with them when I haven't been to a meeting or out in service in a month and a half and they have literally, in all my years as a JW, never reached out to actually help me or encourage me spiritually. Bunch of self-righteous pricks. They are just chomping at the bit at the opportunity to have a JC.

Man would I like to give them a piece of my mind about this pedophile harboring cult. But really screw them. I'm not going to give them the pleasure of a JC or the respect of recognizing their imaginary authority. And if they don't leave me alone, I will send them a cease and desist letter. Shepherds of the flock my eye.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, just don't play their games. May of us have been in very similar situations.

If you ignore them, they will eventually see that you just don't recognise their authority.

Keep your dignity and self respect. Stay calm and in control.

All the best.

• Wayward
    Wayward

I hear you, Sevan. JWs really are cowardly when it comes to facing people. But I guess I shouldn't be too hard on them. It's the programming and I know how deep that can go.

Good for you, standing your ground. Just remember, the elders are only pathetic men on a power trip. Ignore them long enough and eventually something or someone else will come along to distract them from you.

• Sevan
    Sevan

Asshole elders can't even spell my name right after 11 years in the same congregation. They just sent my husband a text trying to get him to make me meet with them and they spelled my name wrong. After 11 years of knowing me. Just goes to show how little they care. Fuck those guys. Organization heavies, the lot of them.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Get a solicitor to send the elders a cease and desist letter. One where if your names are mentioned from the platform, or you are shunned, they'll face a lawsuit. Any meetings they want to have, you will bring your legal representative.

See what the twots think of that.

Life shouldn't be dictated to us by paedophile loving men that don't even give a sh1t if we live or die, let alone know who we are.

Damn their eyes!

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Seven " The Elders want to meet with me and the hubby.. LOL LOL LOL"

The Rebel. I wish the elders would now want to meet me.. LOL, I can imagine the conversation:-

The Rebel. " I am confused why don't we celebrate Xmas, is Santa Claus really fiction?

The Elders " Well Rebel, Santa is an anagram of " SATAN"

The Rebel " Wow I never realized that, but I still think it's OK to hold hand before marriage"

The Elders. " Rebel do you know where babies come from?

The Rebel, " Boo booo, gaga ga, I think talking with you guys is like talking to the under fives"

The Rebel.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Now this is a true story. I have had the elders come meet with me....they taught me about morals and Jehover, and tried to solve unresolvable problems, like me returning to the congregation. Let's fast forward, what became of those Elders full or righteousness who I called " Hitler"? Well put the cheap violin on and weep , one of them had his son turn apostate and the other I understand has started chemothraphy.

Thats why I am just glad to be free, to live my life in happiness with my boy and my wife and I forgive those mind controlled Elders.

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit